Archived Still scheduled for tomorrow despite swapping, and can't make my shift

Status
Not open for further replies.

PullMonkey

Ex-Backroom Badass
I put my shift for tomorrow on the swap board about a week ago, and I know someone else signed up to take it, but the change still hasn't shown up on my schedule. I have my first day of classes tomorrow, which is a bit more important than work to me.

Should I just call in the morning and ask for LOD and see what's going on?

dont worry, if the person who took your shift remembers they took your shift there shouldn't be a problem. the LOD will just clock them in for you.

The only problem I can see is if they didn't okay the swap.
If for some reason they felt the person who was picking up the shift was up to it and didn't want them taking it (but didn't bother to tell you that) they could have decided to not accept the swap.
Which is why it's always best to make sure you have an ETL sign off on the swap so you don't have to worry about it at the last minute.

That's what I was assuming, but regardless, It's still an issue.

Should I just call in tomorrow?

If you call early enough and they haven't okayed the swap that makes it a call out rather than a NCNS, even if they aren't happy with the reason you're calling out.
So yes I'd call.
If you are checking your online schedule, it's possible it hasn't changed while the one at the store has, they don't always update.
Do you have any friends at the store you could call to have them check the stores schedule?

Unfortunately no, at least not that I have a number for. :/

I'll just call in and see how that goes. The only downside is I'm still technically seasonal, but school comes first.

My store is pretty bad on signing off on it. If someone else writes their name, they are bound to it regardless. They'll just have to get punched in. I've taken many shifts like that.

I wouldn't stress over it.

My store hasn't had official sign-offs in a very long time. You basically just talk to your ETL, tell them you're swapping with so-and-so and hope it gets changed in the schedule. If it doesn't, you're counting on that other person to show up for your shift so you don't NCNS. Wonderfully competent leadership, I tell ya.

In that case, the other person better fucking show up. ;)

I'll deal with any heat on Friday

I put my shift for tomorrow on the swap board about a week ago, and I know someone else signed up to take it, but the change still hasn't shown up on my schedule. I have my first day of classes tomorrow, which is a bit more important than work to me.

Should I just call in the morning and ask for LOD and see what's going on?

The same thing happened to me, so what I did was just head over to the store, go inside, take the papers off the board, and handed them to HR and asked them if they were going to okay it or not. My best advice to you would be to go to the store, or call them and ask. I wouldn't want you to risk your job with a call out, but you're right. School is more important.

So I just checked the schedule again, it's finally been taken off. You know, after the shift started.

Oh well, not my responsibility anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back