Archived STL wants to move me to plano, good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go for it.
You can pick up more hours and plano can be a very regular gig.
It does require a certain kind of temperment and an eye for detail though.

What commiecorvus said. Plano is a very detail-oriented workcenter, and it can be challenging at times, but it's fun! Does your store have you set endcaps under hardlines hours? If they do, then you'll just be applying those fundamentals (sflm, batching, pulling batches, backstocking, setting peghooks and shelves, signing, etc) to setting entire isles with your team.

What commiecorvus said. Plano is a very detail-oriented workcenter, and it can be challenging at times, but it's fun! Does your store have you set endcaps under hardlines hours? If they do, then you'll just be applying those fundamentals (sflm, batching, pulling batches, backstocking, setting peghooks and shelves, signing, etc) to setting entire isles with your team.

No now we only zone so my shifts consist of zoning and fast service. I feel better about it, thanks guys - I should hear about being crosstrained there this week and hopefully starting in August I would be doing that since it's better hours than always closing and them cutting our closing hrs for payroll

I am a hardlines TM and I cross-trained in plano for about 2 months. I freaking loved it.
I found it more fulfilling to set entire aisles by myself, than zoning and doing reshop.

At my store, POG starts at 4am. They set aisles, endcaps, and sidecaps. They demerch, set, fill, and sign.
It's great because you jump around departments a lot. One day you're doing domestics, the other day you're doing market.
It's a bit challenging at times, but I also enjoyed that. The POG team also, for the most part, get's 40 hours a week.
I miss my POG paychecks

The only things I disliked about POG was having to wake up at 3AM. I am so used to going to sleep at around 3AM, so I had days where
I ran on no sleep or a couple of hours of sleep. I never got used to the schedule. I also disliked demerching and pushing the stuff to
secondary locations, a petty personal problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back