Archived Stolen PDA's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something weird has been happening. PDA's have been stolen out of Target stores, at least here in the mid-west. Not the just lay it down and forgot where it was, but stolen.

Number of Targets have been hit. We are all now being told that we HAVE to have them on belts at all times.

Was talking to my AP Exec this morning, and he confirmed that it is indeed happening.

Something to keep an eye out for.

I have heard is to. My AP told me that he has seen them himself at swap meets. walkies too.

I check ebay just because and there were a few refurbished pdas but that was it. I think someone posted on here once about the walkies on ebay.

At one point i almost bought one on ebay just so I could say it was mine so I would always have one. I know I am always getting paid while I spend countless wasted payroll trying to hunt one down but it would be nice to have my own personal pda that nobody could take from me. I am sure they would have issue with it since I would have their program now on my pda but it was almost worth it!

I do know when I come in at 4am on a truck day and there are 3 LPDAs and 6 PDAs something is wrong. I know teams hide them which is insanely annoying but not sure about actual stolen ones.

I've heard a mention or two about this, my store is tightening security and sign-in/sign-outs with equipment. Also I've heard that PDAs and walkies are both pretty expensive, I'm sure there's a market for them.

On a somewhat related note: In Workbench there is a device manager option available to everyone from TM on up, and it will show you a list of every PDA and LPDA registered to the system, along with the last week or so of log-ins. Sooo...if I find a PDA hidden somewhere, I check the number on it, look it up in our system, and see the last person who logged in. Usually there's a day of no activity after that, then the same person logs in, then hides it again, etc. Busted. Same with people who lose PDAs: Logged in, then three or four days of no activity cuz they set it down in the backroom and forgot where. There should be multiple people at any store who can show you this option, I can't explain exactly where it is from memory. Actually our FST showed me, I'm just a backroom TM but I keep finding lost and hidden equipment so I wanted to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back