Archived Storage of Planograms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just starting out as Presentation TL.
I'd like some advice on storing of POGS.

How does everyone organize them? In file folders? In binders? In sheet protectors? By Aisle? By Department?

Do you separate most recent revisions from the rest or keep them all together?

Separate Sales Planners from the rest?

Any organizational tips and advice would be great!

Thanks!

For new ones that are going to be distributed to your teams - or for finished ones?

at my store:
Salesplanners go immediately to the hardlines TLs (or softlines) - they have a file bin that is separated by department, but they really usually just end up in a stack. Separate POGS from Revisions. In those two then just separate by date. For POGS that are not set yet they usually remain in a stack (stapled) unless the week is pretty clearly divided by department then from there. For major transitions we usually get a big binder and just put them in order by aisle and have a divider in the middle so that all undone is on one side, and then as the week goes on, they filter to the other side as they complete them so they can all be looked at together for auditing.

After they are done it depends on your store if you save or chuck.

Thanks for the reply.

I would like to know about all of them. Recent revisions/transitions, future and currently set ones. I'm thinking of keeping a complete set in binders divided by department, with every current POG in the store so my team members can access them easily. Wondering also, some tips for keeping the 'in progress' pogs organized during the set week. Currently using an office box with file folders separated into 'to set', 'to audit', 'audited', 'tied', and lugging it around as our pogs are kept in the offices upstairs.

Simpler is probably better. As weeks get crazy - being super organized is good - but if it takes too long to keep up, it is hard to get the team on board. For ours we just had a system where I had two euro baskets for the POGS at the end of the day - one for "completed" as in doesn't need anything and one for "audit/needs attention" for any that needed MySupports, etc. Then from there the PTL was supposed to file the completes, and I would take care of the others. After about a week someone raided the closet where they are kept and mixed up all the baskets and it fell out from there.

Depends on how cooperative your team is too.
I seem to get a lot of them dumped on my signing cart.
Sometimes that is good, I need them for ordering missing fixtures, displays or signs.
Other times it's just flat out laziness.
Can't tell you how many times I've gone to clean out a cart somebody has done a dump and run in the fixture room and found a planogram in the bottom.
Makes it a simple job to track them down but still ...

In the ~1 year that I was PTL, I never looked at a paper planogram after it had been set and audited, aside from occasionally helping my signing TM out with putting up something that had come in from TIPP. There was just really almost never a need to see a planogram later, and it was generally easier to just pull it up online anyway. The time spent on actually storing the planograms in an organized fashion--sorting them carefully, disposing of them later, etc.--took WAY more time than what we would save by not having to log in to Workbench, load Online POG, and so forth, considering how infrequently we had to do it. By the end of my year, we just had a folder for each department in our filing cabinet, and would throw new POGs/REVs in the front of the folder when they were 100%. When the folder started to get full, we'd just grab a handful from the back and toss them. No replacing the POG with its REV, no keeping them in order by aisle, nothing. It would have been pointless.

Sales planners (we took them off the sales floor TLs' hands in exchange for getting SF hours to do them)--we had one file drawer, with a folder for each department where we'd put the currently-set SPs, and three folders in the front of the drawer for upcoming, this week, and past due. This is technically the reverse of the best practice (as of last year, anyway), which calls for ONE folder for ALL currently-set SPs, and sorting upcoming ones into separate folders per department. This struck us as incredibly stupid for our purposes, since there was only one person setting SPs. It would be a waste of time to sort them all out into various folders, and then have to look through those folders each morning to find what needs to be done. Much easier to just have one stack and work your way through it (obviously sorted by department within the stack), then put them into the individual department folders after they've been set.

bp says to store paper pogs for one year. however, recent mysupports/message boards say to trash them and use OLP---no need to store.

We used the paper POGs to set, at the end of the set we wrote down any issues or part numbers that needed ordering. After any issues were resolved, the paper POGs were tossed. Simple and mostly efficient.

We keep Planos/Revisions stored in a file cabinet by aisle. When we reset or do a revision in an aisle we throw away the old one. We keep Post Pogs in binders by aisle.

For my own purposes I only hold onto POGS that have major issues (ie they will be revisited) or ones that get hammered during the year and need a lot of upkeep and maintenance in terms of ordering or re-plano-ing.

ex: NIT flat, tv wall (i take the schematics out for this, and tape them all together so that it is one continuous blueprint scroll with every tv written on it - makes setting it super-easy). those kind of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back