Archived Store Closing - Pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaticSun

Former Front-End Guru
Staff member
Administrator
If your store is closing early due to an emergency (weather) do TMs get paid for their entire shift?

yes, you will. it will be listed under disaster pay or something like that. it happened to me, back in july.

It depends on the laws of the state, where I live we do not get paid if the store closes for weather.

I believe it is different if you are in a federal disaster area. More benefits are available once fema kicks in. If Target doesn't pay you, you may be eligible for temporary unemployment.

We had a total power loss except for front end & lights for 3 days. I did convince my gstl to power up one rack of radios/batteries by unplugging a register. That was better than nothing.

As mentioned, this can vary based on state requirements, unemployment laws, class (exempt/tl/tm/etc), number of hours and/or days of closure...etc.

I am in NY, I was unable to get to work due to shortage of fuel & no other modes of transportation. Will I be able to get paid for the shifts I missed because of this?

Yes a few years back we had really bad snow storm and I was supposed to close, but called just before I left and was told the store was closing early, so I did not need to come work. I few days latter I was told by our hrtm that I would get paid for that day. Only people scheduled that would not were anyone that called in sick.

Yes, store closure pay DOES exist. Speak to your HR representative to see if you personally and if your store qualify for that benefit, otherwise the Team Member Emergency Assistance fund will give you up to 500$ in financial assistance if you have severe personal emergencies within the guidelines of that program. Talk to your HR to find out.
Yes a few years back we had really bad snow storm and I was supposed to close, but called just before I left and was told the store was closing early, so I did not need to come work. I few days latter I was told by our hrtm that I would get paid for that day. Only people scheduled that would not were anyone that called in sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back