Archived Store closing question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except if they cancel the card, Spot will deny them a new one, because they canceled the old one. So it it raises conversion temporarily, but probably pisses the guest off and sends them some place else to shop.

Much better if they call and report it lost/stolen and get a new number that way.

Except if they cancel the card, Spot will deny them a new one, because they canceled the old one.

Huh. I had a guest come to me twice to apply for the debit card. After opening the first card, she opened a checking account with a different bank, and she couldn't get a card on the new account unless she canceled her old card. By some strange turn of events (perhaps the planets were aligned?), she came back to me for the second application, and she got approved.

You might be able to do it with the debit card, but from what I understand, you can't with the credit card.

You might be able to do it with the debit card, but from what I understand, you can't with the credit card.

That sounds so un-Target though. I would think they'd welcome back former cardholders with open arms, considering the outrageous conversion goals.

I think it's the bank, not Spot, making that determination.

Spot had put on their fb that people could cancel their card and reapply the next day and it would, of course, be under the current conditions and agreements of the card, but then people responded saying they had done that with the credit card and were rejected with the reason being they had just closed and account.

With the debit card you can just call em or use the redcard site and change your bank info.

Anyway, I wonder how they decide on closings and openings. In my area, a new store is gonna be opening at the end of the year. The weird thing is there's a store so close to the town the new one will be opening up in that many people think the store is in that town. I know it's not technically in the town and when I heard this news, I thought "but they already have a Target..."

I really wish I understood why they open new stores too. In my area we had two stores that were roughly 10 miles apart from each other. My store (which was C Volume at the time) and a AA+ Volume store that was located on one of the busiest intersections in the area. Target decides that just isn't enough so they open a B Volume store basically smack in the middle of these two stores(on the same street as the larger store). Over the years since that store's opening my store dipped to a D Volume and the larger store dipped considerably to make themselves a B Volume store. So basically they opened up a new store and are bringing in basically the same amount of guest traffic as they did before with just two stores.

closest targets to my store is about 15-20 minutes depending on traffic none have closed in my state but target has only been in my state for the past 13 years. my store was one of the first to come to my state. we are also the largest as we were built as a greatland we had a remodel 4 years ago or so when they brought the p fresh concept to the stores. we only had one store in the state that did not get the expanded p fresh they just got more freezers cooler doors no fresh meats or anything

@The Dude Abides I think that's probably it. They predicted it would be a B volume store, help lower traffic on the larger store and therefore be worth it. The nearest store to mine is >30 minutes away and we're a C volume. Guests really don't want to drive to another store if we don't have something in stock, but opening one closer would be parasitic to our (already low) sales and neither would be a good size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back