Store is overworking me

Who do I contact if I think my store is overworking me? It's a long story that I don't want to get into here. It's nothing to do with my schedule, just how much work is expected of me when I am scheduled. Do I go to my store HR or email corporate HR?

Talk to your TL or ETL. They’ll probably show you your core roles and the work that’s expected of you. Though, lately, everyone is being overworked and underpaid so it’ll most likely be you deciding if it’s worth it or not to you and how much you need the money.

Yeah at this point I'm trying to find the quiet quitting balance. Working hard will not make my raise any higher than 1.5%. What's the point in going above and beyond if you don't get anything for it?
I understand your point and have felt that way myself when leadership hasn't appreciated what I have to offer. However, the current leadership does see what I do and appreciates it. A certain awful TL is no longer at my store and that makes a big difference.
Plus, even on those days I can't get everything done, I get the most important parts done and leave the rest of it for my next shift (or the one after that). I take satisfaction in knowing I've done the best I can. And I find a lot of satisfaction in having the respect of other TMs who've been around for a long time.
Also, I just got a performance bonus, which I really didn't expect because I got one last year so I assumed that I wasn't even on the list of possibilities. So sometimes you do get something for going above and beyond.

Who do I contact if I think my store is overworking me? It's a long story that I don't want to get into here. It's nothing to do with my schedule, just how much work is expected of me when I am scheduled. Do I go to my store HR or email corporate HR?
On workday there’s a ‘resign’ button. It fixes your work/life balance, and in your case will help the store out too 😌

overworked-memes-57.jpg

Do the best you can, ask the right questions and fly under the radar. The good ETLs will work with you, you work with them. Asshole TL's will burn themselves eventually.

A stupid roofing foreman is overworking you if they expect you to race through topcoating a 12/12- 45 deg pitch roof on a standard house in the rain. Stay smooth and steady doing your Target work, it's just not that hard. Or dangerous.

Back