Answered Store numbers not matching online.

Recently I have been noticing that the number of items in mywork is not matching the number of items online.
When a shipt shopper is shopping online it will say we have strawberries (example) in stock. When I check mywork we have zero. I double checked and most say in stock and our number say zero. When I read the reviews that is a huge complaint. Not to mention the shipt worker being an ass about it. Any ideas?

The count for a product can vary wildly based on a couple different things. First, if you haven't already, make sure you're referencing the "on hand" number and not the "on floor" number provided by MyWork. Second, some items (though a small percentage) are vendor merchandise and therefore not directly inventoried by the store, so counts tend to vary here.
Another very likely cause is that one of the systems showing counts is not as up to date as the other. In the cases of .com, that can be a couple hours depending on the item. If it's a third party application, it might not receive updated inventory numbers regularly.

The count for a product can vary wildly based on a couple different things. First, if you haven't already, make sure you're referencing the "on hand" number and not the "on floor" number provided by MyWork. Second, some items (though a small percentage) are vendor merchandise and therefore not directly inventoried by the store, so counts tend to vary here.
Another very likely cause is that one of the systems showing counts is not as up to date as the other. In the cases of .com, that can be a couple hours depending on the item. If it's a third party application, it might not receive updated inventory numbers regularly.
I did notice on some that the count was -.02 or -.01. I go to audit and put 0 but it never changes. That’s on the meat though and I was also wondering if that’s why they are not sending meat I’m ordering or are they just out.
The few hours thing might be the case with the fruit.

What I tell all guests (may not be true but it seems to work): “our inventory online updates once a day when we open”
Though I think in most cases online inventory should be relatively accurate within the last hour. So if you’re auditing and it’s not fixing, call CSC or mysupport.

Typically speaking, online and in store counts update almost immediately anymore. The company has made great strides in improving that functionality. When the counts aren't accurate, the culprit can be lots of different things, for example, theft, a cashier not properly scanning an item, a mispick, the DC just not loading a box onto your truck at some point, not defecting properly, etc.

There are several reasons that an item can have a negative on hand count. If someone audits an item out incorrectly and you later sell out, the count will go negative. (One reason to always use extreme caution when auditing.) Sometimes what you are seeing is the result of a mispick. The item is what was sent instead of what was supposed to be sent and each time it sells, you get a negative count for it.

I'm not certain how things work for Shipt, but imagine it's very similar to in-store pickup. When a guest orders something for pickup, the amount they ordered is immediately deducted from the store on hands. So, if we have 1 copy left of Animal Crossing, when it gets ordered the count will drop to zero. Now, let's say that before the item is picked for the order a guest in the store buys it. In that case, the on hands will drop to negative one because we had one, it was ordered (so that's a minus 1), and it was sold (so that's another minus 1). That equals out to -1. When the fulfillment TM INFs the item, plus 1 will be added back into inventory and only then will the on hands go back to 0.

There are also some items throughout the store that by design work only as negative on hands. These are vendor items that people can't order online. All of MJ Holdings garbage works this way. The on hands all default to zero no matter how many we have in store. Each time something sells, it deducts one from the counts. So the counts are negative, but the vendor then easily knows how much of their shit has sold.

Back