Archived Store ties

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much of help to the store are store ties? Besides the obvious like reshop or push. Most people don't push to another location even if it's tied.

At my store, store ties would be helpful if someone actually owned them and made sure they were up to date. When I was in hardlines, I once did 4x4 in furniture and found about a dozen old store ties in the same aisle. They were left over from when one of the ETLs flexed a bunch of crap on one of the furniture flats during BTS/BTC, and most of the DPCIs had gone salvage because it was months later. And yes, I killed them. I killed them all.

At my store, I store tie any d-code, and only d-code. We flex ours out regularly, and since discontinued should never go to backstock, it works well. Once it's sold, that's it. Plus it's a huge help to pricing and sfs.

It's a great tool used properly. Like was said though, they have to be broken or it can cause problems.

I just wish people would break them.

Old Ties SHOULD be broken when the new POG is tied. My Devices & PDA's both do this as part of the POG tie process. I wonder if this isn't ANOTHER My Device glitch. I know for a while at my store we were told not to tie with a My Device not because of any problem with the tie but something to do with the batches that were being made as a result of tying with a My Device.

Old Ties SHOULD be broken when the new POG is tied. My Devices & PDA's both do this as part of the POG tie process. I wonder if this isn't ANOTHER My Device glitch. I know for a while at my store we were told not to tie with a My Device not because of any problem with the tie but something to do with the batches that were being made as a result of tying with a My Device.
Store ties tended to hang around since you would have to tie it to a weird section in order to not override the pog.

Store ties tended to hang around since you would have to tie it to a weird section in order to not override the pog.

I guess I don't understand the term STORE tie. I am on the POG team & I mostly set softlines. I do make up "dummy" locations for POG'd product that is set on Quads above hanging clothes. I usually have 1 or 2 dummy locations in an area (RTW, Sleep, Infants, ect.) and just add sections as needed. Sometimes if there are a lot of these POGs I will get up to 14 or 15 sections for a particular dummy location. They do become untied when the product for the POG goes clearance.

I guess I don't understand the term STORE tie. I am on the POG team & I mostly set softlines. I do make up "dummy" locations for POG'd product that is set on Quads above hanging clothes. I usually have 1 or 2 dummy locations in an area (RTW, Sleep, Infants, ect.) and just add sections as needed. Sometimes if there are a lot of these POGs I will get up to 14 or 15 sections for a particular dummy location. They do become untied when the product for the POG goes clearance.

A store tie is when you tie a single item to a location that it is not planogrammed.

For example you have a single DPCI of say 15 eaches of a bottle of sunscreen that is Not On Planogram, instead of just sending it to backstock for it to die or making a generic flex label somewhere only you know; you use the "tie" function of the mydevice to add it into an endcap or aisle that has similar product. By using the store tie function the system will now lead people to that location when scanned if it is in reshop, and will lead the price change team to that location when it goes clearance.

Ding ding ding! It's huge for price change!!

It also helps to have a system when you tie as far what section goes. We do 9X series, if that is taken we go 8X series so there is a consistency through the store so everyone knows what to look for. Example if it is flexed into the 6th section it is tied as section 96 and so on. And if we see a bunch of 64 ties we know we need to find that person and have a chat with them.

I think it's a finonimal idea. It's not taught or used properly in my store. People don't know how to use it tie it or untie it.

It also helps to have a system when you tie as far what section goes. We do 9X series, if that is taken we go 8X series so there is a consistency through the store so everyone knows what to look for. Example if it is flexed into the 6th section it is tied as section 96 and so on. And if we see a bunch of 64 ties we know we need to find that person and have a chat with them.
We tie to section 11. If there are more than 11 sections, it's section 21. Don't forget to do SFQ so that it shows up as being on the floor and FF can find that wacky item that the internet says we have and won't be found if you don't.

We tie to section 11. If there are more than 11 sections, it's section 21. Don't forget to do SFQ so that it shows up as being on the floor and FF can find that wacky item that the internet says we have and won't be found if you don't.

Yeah 9 cause you can't tie to the actual section and say 3 for the third section of that isle. So its a little clue where in the isle to look. Yep on SFQ I set them..

Is there any reason not to simply put it in the section itself (1, not 11, 0 not 10 etc)? I know it used to force you to untie the POG but now it seems to let both exist simultaneously.

Can you elaborate on this? I'm interested in this process because my HLTLs are pretty incompetent when it comes to disco and how it affects the store. So can you tie multiple items to 96? Say you had 4 different toys flexed in one section? And what do you mean by 64?

Can you elaborate on this? I'm interested in this process because my HLTLs are pretty incompetent when it comes to disco and how it affects the store. So can you tie multiple items to 96? Say you had 4 different toys flexed in one section? And what do you mean by 64?
9 cause you can't tie to the actual section so you pretend its a sidecap and say 3 for the third section of that isle. So its a little clue where in the isle to look. Yep on SFQ I set them..

and 64 as something someone made up that no one can figure out what they meant.

Multiple items, I think you can, but I haven't done much of flex beyond one or two items lately.

Bosch - I like your method better, but we've FINALLY got them to tie to section 11 and everyone knows what it means. We now just tell people to "section 11" items and they know what to do. For those just starting this, you have a good plan.

We always tie flex to 88, but it's usually only flexed on an endcap. I like the 90 thing better!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back