Store transfer

Florida Dawg

Former Cart Attendant Pro and Target Employee
Just wondering, what’s the proper way to transfer to another Target store? I’m considering now transferring out of my store to go somewhere else since I have had bad luck getting a new job elsewhere.

It is suggested to go the store at different times. Watch things. The new store could be in worse shape than you are now.
That’s why I got references at other stores to talk to, They’ll be honest about it. I live in a city so there are plenty of other options.

You talk to your TL and ETL. Then if everyone is willing, you talk to your store HR. The HR at your store will contact HR at the other store. Other store will check your file and availability. If you are a good TM on paper, AND they have need for someone, they will accept the transfer. If you have write ups, bad availability, or the potential new store is over staffed, they will turn you down.

I have turned down transfers for many reasons and am even more picky with transfers than new hires.

You talk to your TL and ETL. Then if everyone is willing, you talk to your store HR. The HR at your store will contact HR at the other store. Other store will check your file and availability. If you are a good TM on paper, AND they have need for someone, they will accept the transfer. If you have write ups, bad availability, or the potential new store is over staffed, they will turn you down.

I have turned down transfers for many reasons and am even more picky with transfers than new hires.
The thing is I’m a hard worker and not a suck up like a lot of others are, It’s the way the managers treat me and the crap that’s allowed is why I want to quit. If I talk to my ETL, Not even sure if she would do that but then again if they don’t exactly “like me,” Then why would they want to keep me there?

I only have had one write up ever and that was my second month working which was May 2020. It’s just I need to be out of this toxic work environment if i can’t find a new job outside of this company. Might as well see how it goes. I personally think HR is the better way to do it.

I just asked my hr etl and then told my etl that i wanted to transfer, i would of told my tl too but at the time i didnt have one. My HR reached out and set everything up for me

When I transferred my hr etl tried to set it up for me. The new stores hr never returned phone calls or emails. So I just called the new store and asked for etl of area I wanted to work in. Told them about my extensive work history and they took care of it on their end.

Back