Archived Stupid Question: What do the Red Phones on the Floor Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

starmaster1000

Master NCR Torture Device Operator
I am too scared to pick one of them up and ask for something, b/c no one else seems to ever use them.

I've never seen anyone have a conversation on them. They all seem to be from the 90s because the one time I picked one up and immediately hung up, you could hear the bell clang as the receiver hit the cradle.

So, who answers on the other end? And how does the INDYME know to dispatch someone for "fast service"?

nothing

UrSPfiG.gif

I am too scared to pick one of them up and ask for something, b/c no one else seems to ever use them.

I've never seen anyone have a conversation on them. They all seem to be from the 90s because the one time I picked one up and immediately hung up, you could hear the bell clang as the receiver hit the cradle.

So, who answers on the other end? And how does the INDYME know to dispatch someone for "fast service"?
You pick it up and I think it says like hit X if you need a team member and that’s what triggers Fast Service needed in Y who’s responding

Operator announces over walkie example: there is a call for home improvement on 2201" I respond; "I've got it". At the red phone, pick up the receiver hit the #and the 2201 wait a sec. announce " Hi, this is home improvements, how can I help you" then do so. Unfortunately, knows one knows how to put the call on hold if you pick it up at the closest red phone to you and not in the area the Guest is asking about. I just have to run back and forth if I need a visual confirmation of the requested item.
The second is when a Guest is actually standing at the red phone and has requested "fast service in...) First know where all the red phones are/what area like pets, etc. Announce on the walkie that you will go to the required area. ( So 2 of us are not trying to reach it)
Proceed as quickly as you can to the red phone in the area the voice told you to go. (You have 30sec. to arrive) once at the red phone (a Guest should be waiting) there is a button on the right side (if you are facing the phone) push the button, the voice will announce that the request has been cleared. FYI know body trained me for this, I had to ask. This is how we do it at my store YMMV.

Operator announces over walkie example: there is a call for home improvement on 2201" I respond; "I've got it". At the red phone, pick up the receiver hit the #and the 2201 wait a sec. announce " Hi, this is home improvements, how can I help you" then do so. Unfortunately, knows one knows how to put the call on hold if you pick it up at the closest red phone to you and not in the area the Guest is asking about. I just have to run back and forth if I need a visual confirmation of the requested item.
The second is when a Guest is actually standing at the red phone and has requested "fast service in...) First know where all the red phones are/what area like pets, etc. Announce on the walkie that you will go to the required area. ( So 2 of us are not trying to reach it)
Proceed as quickly as you can to the red phone in the area the voice told you to go. (You have 30sec. to arrive) once at the red phone (a Guest should be waiting) there is a button on the right side (if you are facing the phone) push the button, the voice will announce that the request has been cleared. FYI know body trained me for this, I had to ask. This is how we do it at my store YMMV.
You have 60 seconds to arrive. I'd never make it from up front to toys in 30 seconds.

LODs PLEASE wait at least ten seconds for a TM to respond before asking who's gonna get that call!!! Give us a chance to respond!!!

And for the TMs - DON'T wait for someone else to answer! Respond to the call with urgency!!!

If the radio says, guest needs assistance in toys. I will pick up phone & acknowledge the guest who hit 1 to activate indyme. Hold the handset to reset. Buttons on the side, don’t work every time.

If the radio says, guest needs assistance in toys. I will pick up phone & acknowledge the guest who hit 1 to activate indyme. Hold the handset to reset. Buttons on the side, don’t work every time.
When you say hold the handset what you mean? Just pick up the phone and hold it in the air?

If you need to put a call on hold at a red phone, press the thing that hangs up the phone for about 1/2 second (you can hear 3 beeps on the phone if you have done it right). Then, press 2101. When you get to the new phone, pick it up and press 2201, and the guest will be there. If you are not fast enough to pick up the call, it will ring overhead.

21 and the extension to put on hold.

22 and the extension to pick up a call.

The button on the phone almost never works at my store. You can pick up the phone, and listen for the voice, then hang up, or pick it up and leave it off the hook while you help the guest.

You used to be able to talk over the walkie from the red phones. I don't know if it still works or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back