Archived Stupid things people have been fired for at your store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't TMs but we had the entire cleaning crew fired because they had an entire shoplifting operation going on. They had stolen over $3000 worth of stuff in a few days collectively.

We had a pharmacy team member stealing drugs from target ( before cvs took over) I mean seriously how dumb do you have to be??? Literally cameras all over the place and you are stealing drugs:rolleyes::rolleyes: Nah you won't get caught...

We had a display that a blinking red light that was thrown away. A flow team member put it and wrote in a box...put a hole in the box ( so you could see the red light blinking ) and wrote on the outside of the box...Bomb inside. call cops . This was about a month after 9/11. He was fired. We had another tm who told another tm they would love to throw them in the baler.....to hear their bones crack. He was fired . We had an etl who forged documents...he was fired. Countless tms who stole either cash, gift cards or merchandise .

He would leave at like 11am, and do punch corrections for 1pm. Stealing time bascially
We just had two TMs termed for the same thing, would do punch corrections for the hour long lunches they took.

Team member fired for hiding clearance and shopping for clearance while on clock.

I forgot that one, which is a BS reason a lot of the time. But not all the time. Like the one In Stocks TM we just canned. We had to ask AP what she did most of the day cause she wasn't working. "If you happen to spot her on camera, is she doing what we think she's doing?" And yep. So the paper trail started. I would go lunch a 180 count task list done, hers had a 150 left after 4 ½ hours. WTF? She was shopping. I know we all look at stuff, but come on.

The stupidest: Cart Attendant got a hot dog from Food ave on either his break or his lunch, ended up getting sick. Had to file an incident report and was mandated to take a drug test. Said cart attendant did a shitload of drugs, mostly soft stuff like weed/shrooms/lsd but he always came to work completely sober and it never affected his job, in fact he was the best we had.

The worst part was he knew he was DOA when the results came in because he admitted to it, and it happened a week before black thursday and I kept hoping that maybe they'd ignore it since it was Q4 and we needed him but nope.

The stupidest: Cart Attendant got a hot dog from Food ave on either his break or his lunch, ended up getting sick. Had to file an incident report and was mandated to take a drug test. Said cart attendant did a shitload of drugs, mostly soft stuff like weed/shrooms/lsd but he always came to work completely sober and it never affected his job, in fact he was the best we had.

Why was he mandated to take a drug test after getting sick from a hot dog?

I haven't been in my store for more than a month and I've seen 1 cashier get fired for stealing a $5 gift card (LOL REALLY?) and another cashier for "overstepping their boundaries repeatedly" whatever that means..

Last edited:
A guy at my store got termed for reading his schedule wrong and showing up at a later time than when he was scheduled. Granted it was during his 90 days but still, I thought he was a good worker.

Why was he mandated to take a drug test after getting sick from a hot dog?
Because he filed a report and was probably seen by a workers comp dr. When you file a report and/or see a workers comp dr Target will drug test you. If you get a paper cut at work and insist to get it checked out, you will be drug tested.

Because he filed a report and was probably seen by a workers comp dr. When you file a report and/or see a workers comp dr Target will drug test you. If you get a paper cut at work and insist to get it checked out, you will be drug tested.
Yes. Had an ETL totally wreck his knee at work, but took vaca time and leave, and went to his own Dr. because no way he would pass a drug test. Ultimately was fired for giving a TM Vicodin.

Team member fired for hiding clearance and shopping for clearance while on clock.
I have seen ETL's do that a few times.
We had an ETL who ALWAYS had clearance sitting in her office. She was fired for holding a game system for herself back when you would have to wait in line overnight when they came out.
In my district, there was a group who palletized 3 pallets of Xmas mdse and bought at 90% off. ETLs were involved. So stupid.

Both our AP workers were caught having sex somewhere in the back and were fired. That was about a year ago... I recently heard they're married now but I have no idea where they're working. Lol. Would that not be the most humiliating thing?
The guy in produce got fired for stealing Nicorette. He was taking it to the pharmacy bathroom and opening it and putting the Nicorette box in the trash... the night cleaning shift saw the empty package in the CLEAR trash can liner and reported it. They had AP look at the video the next day to see who had went in there with Nicorette in their hand and they saw it was him and fired him. He had been there for 17 years. However, they were kind enough to not make him do the walk of shame.

Last edited:
1. Taking keys home from work center but returning them within the hour, on the very same day.
2. HRTM not keying in training into training meter, that wasn't done. Training meter going red for week. Leaders knew training needed to be done two months ahead of time. Notices were given twice weekly. Only one not completed in time. Fired for not keying the training. So basically fired for not falsifying documents.

I think they stopped doing the drug tests for every incident. I fell and fractured my elbow at work last summer and they didn't do a drug test.

-cashier that didn't scan items while ringing up her sister...apparently she had been doing it a long time. It was a very sad day when she was arrested. Everyone loved her.
-cashier not scanning items at self checkout and then using her own login to clear the weight alert. she also used her login to change prices at SCO for herself. That one was not a sad day. I wanted to have a little party.
-numerous cashiers fired for stealing gift cards from guests...I swear we lose someone every six months for that crap.
-a few creepers fired for sexual harassment...nothing crazy, just dick pics and inappropriate comments.

I think they stopped doing the drug tests for every incident. I fell and fractured my elbow at work last summer and they didn't do a drug test.

HR told me when I was hired that we get drug tested for every incident. Maybe it varies by store or they just tell us that? I have no idea but I don't do any drugs, so I am ok with the policy. I hope your elbow has healed up! Ouch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back