Archived Stupid things people have been fired for at your store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalina

Bullseye Biatch!
Pretty self explanatory. Half of our food avenue was fired for giving mad discounts recently, but the dumbest thing I remember someone at out store being fired for, was taking a coupon.

Two flow team embers came in drunk to unload 2300 boxes without any accident. Got fired at end of shift.

ETL sale floor stole cash from cash office repeated before ETL AP called police to arrested him.

One flow team member repeat stole items almost every night before ETL AP have enough edvience to arrested her.

PMT got fried after police arrested him for drunk driving on clock.

I have many more to list but that's enough for now.

Heard of an ETL who was fired+arrested for stealing controlled meds from the pharmacy. I think he left the trash compactor door propped open and snuck in through there? It was a weird story.

Witnessed a TM take an energy drink from the front lanes at the beginning of multiple shifts... they didn't last long after fellow TMs realized what was happening. Not sure how long they were watched by AP...

Food Ave TM was giving discounts to fellow TMs and her family members.

Seasonal cashier who was on track to become permanent took a $5 GiftCard she found on the sales floor and paid for her lunch with it. Immediately fired. That was a sad one because she was a very good employee otherwise, probably one of my favorite cashiers.

Flow TM took a soda out of the cooler on his break and never paid for it. Claimed he was going to but forgot. Such a stupid way to lose your job.

A food ave TM at my store was fired for stealing money from her registers to feed her drug addiction. Police got involved and everything. She was arrested on the clock.

Cashiers fired every 4th quarter for skimming the cash drawer at least three for that. One for stealing personal property out of an ETL office. Cash office person for passing fake cash in place of real cash. One SFTL for coming staggering drunk, not just "I had a drink with dinner before my closing shift." But stupid drunk. One overnight electronics backroom person for tossing a full casepack of ipads on the floor while trying for the tub, instead of taking them down the ladder. several more overnight for stealing. A cart attendant who worked his way up to GSA/Cash office and seemed like a really stand up guy, arrested for stealing money. An electronics TM for skimming the drawer..

When will they learn? It's not worth it since they always get walked out in cuffs, walk of shame out the front door in front off all the registers and guests and every other person working the front end. It's the way our store is built, you get a walk of shame.

Cashiers fired every 4th quarter for skimming the cash drawer at least three for that. One for stealing personal property out of an ETL office. Cash office person for passing fake cash in place of real cash. One SFTL for coming staggering drunk, not just "I had a drink with dinner before my closing shift." But stupid drunk. One overnight electronics backroom person for tossing a full casepack of ipads on the floor while trying for the tub, instead of taking them down the ladder. several more overnight for stealing. A cart attendant who worked his way up to GSA/Cash office and seemed like a really stand up guy, arrested for stealing money. An electronics TM for skimming the drawer..

When will they learn? It's not worth it since they always get walked out in cuffs, walk of shame out the front door in front off all the registers and guests and every other person working the front end. It's the way our store is built, you get a walk of shame.

WOW. A lot of y'all have some downright shameful ones. I never saw or heard of anyone getting arrested at my store, although...

I forgot to mention in my previous post that we had a cashier take $800 cash from her drawer on her last day just before she moved halfway across the country. ETL-AP confided in me that at least three guests saw her do it (based on camera footage) but none of them reported it. A warrant was out for her arrest. One thing I liked about my ETL-AP is that she trusted me enough to tell me a lot of shit she probably shouldn't have.

There was this one SL TM that I didn't know what happened to for a while until I found out last inventory that she skimmed over $1500 from the registers, $5 here or $10 there. She was arrested. A flow TM hid a casepack of that Nuka Cola soda and was caught, and fired. A BR TM was fired for pocketing Nintendo DS' to sell them at a video game store across the street on his breaks... IN RED AND KHAKI. And my store got a call that someone in the target uniform was suspicious and selling DS'. ETL AP liked him so he was fired without being arrested. That one shocked me, because I worked with him a lot during 4Q. He was so nice. Another SL TM was fired for hiding in the bathrooms on her shifts. Oh and a p-fresh TM fired for stealing time with false punch corrections. One minute, we were looking up youtube videos to refill the monarch gun, next minute ETL SF and STL walk over and bam.

this is what I can remember since starting in Oct. 2014

WOW. A lot of y'all have some downright shameful ones. I never saw or heard of anyone getting arrested at my store, although...

I forgot to mention in my previous post that we had a cashier take $800 cash from her drawer on her last day just before she moved halfway across the country. ETL-AP confided in me that at least three guests saw her do it (based on camera footage) but none of them reported it. A warrant was out for her arrest. One thing I liked about my ETL-AP is that she trusted me enough to tell me a lot of shit she probably shouldn't have.

Now remember that is over five plus years so its a couple a year in a high volume store.. Not that horrible really.. Just stunning though that some of them actually were stealing when they saw people walked out in cuffs..

Before you had to get approval to clock in early, we had a team of 3 who had memorized each other's employee numbers. They would punch in and out for each other, increasing the number of hours each "worked" by a significant amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back