Archived Stupid things people have been fired for at your store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is either right or it is wrong. There is NO middle ground.

Sir, life is not that black and white (No pun intended). Many slaves didn't have an understanding of the English language, and picked up the language as they heard it. Those words were then passed down through generations, often picking up new meanings in the process. And you know what? That's fine. Because if a group of oppressed people want to take words and theories meant to make them feel less than, and change the meaning so that its impact is lessened then they have that right. On the other hand, the word's origin in reference to white people has always been derogatory. And we are not far enough removed from slavery and the civil rights movement to make it okay for white people to say it, know why? Because slavery ended for white people over a hundred years ago, the civil rights movement ended for white people about fifty years ago but black people are still dealing with the aftershocks of both.

Everything is not just right or wrong, especially when there's a group of people who have spent centuries trying to find middle ground just to survive.

Balderdash.

And slavery has existed since the beginning of mankind.

It wasn't invented just for black people.

On another note, I just watched Free State Of Jones. Awesome film!

Last edited:
Balderdash.

And slavery has existed since the beginning of mankind.

It wasn't invented just for black people.

Nothing in my response indicated that slavery was new or "invented for black people". The existence of slavery elsewhere doesn't excuse what happened in America or the detrimental effects it has had on generations, even after its abolition. But I'll move on, because at a certain point ignorance becomes a choice and is beyond reason.

Nothing in my response indicated that slavery was new or "invented for black people". The existence of slavery elsewhere doesn't excuse what happened in America or the detrimental effects it has had on generations, even after its abolition. But I'll move on, because at a certain point ignorance becomes a choice and is beyond reason.

Like banging your head against a wall, let him be. Ignorancr is bliss eh?

A few years ago a Target Mobile guy was given the walk of shame. He'd been shoplifting from other Targets in the area and every now and then had one of a number of accomplices come in to "buy a phone" only to walk out without paying a cent (after going through the motions of a regular phone sale) and split the profits with this guy. And the best part? This guy had a habit of doing some heavy drugs at work, so he got nailed with possession as well.

Somehow, despite all this, he was actually a really friendly guy, a great salesman and had excellent work ethic.
Damn and I thought the dude who was stealing video games and DVDs at my store was bad. Never got to see if he did the walk of shame though. My store has a history of target mobile people having problems with theft

We had a pretty good seasonal cashier last year who was only 16. Got two red cards his first day. He did a very deep price change on a Keurig for a guest who actually was a friend (I think it was from $99 to $10) on his third day. I saw him after his walk of shame crying on a bench in the mall while on the phone with his mom telling her that it wasn't fair.

But it's perfectly fine for a black person to use that word, right?

Is that the rule?
I'm black and I don't use it. There is so much hate behind the word.

ALSO she knew she fucked up because she came and apologized to ME even though I wasn't in the original conversation. She knew that I was kinda close to the TM who told me the story. She went to say "Oh I'm not racist." And a bunch of other stuff. Also she did not even know the TM that we'll bc when she told me the story, she didn't even know the guilty TM's name.

Last edited:
We had a pretty good seasonal cashier last year who was only 16. Got two red cards his first day. He did a very deep price change on a Keurig for a guest who actually was a friend (I think it was from $99 to $10) on his third day. I saw him after his walk of shame crying on a bench in the mall while on the phone with his mom telling her that it wasn't fair.

That was pretty dumb. Even for a youngster

There was also this dumb ass electronics flow dude that wouldn't do ANYTHING and would have a nasty attitude towards the ETLs. The guy legit told the LOD that he wasn't going to push something just because he didn't want to.
I have only seen the guy a few times when I was new and he mysteriously disappeared one day so my electronics buddy filled me in

Last edited:
Let's see...
backroom TM busted for smoking and drinking in the cooler... gone
cart attendant stealing Beats headphones from crc box... gone
2nd cart attendant stealing damaged out video games... gone
cashier accepting suspect bills from her friends on multiple occassions... gone

1. Taking keys home from work center but returning them within the hour, on the very same day.
2. HRTM not keying in training into training meter, that wasn't done. Training meter going red for week. Leaders knew training needed to be done two months ahead of time. Notices were given twice weekly. Only one not completed in time. Fired for not keying the training. So basically fired for not falsifying documents.
As a HRTM this stings so bad but maybe there was more.

Gsa let go for stealing from the CO. Second one this year.
Sbtl fired for making drinks for herself without paying for them.
2 cart attendants fired for smoking pot in the parking lot , on the clock.

These are just the most recent ones, as you can tell my store only hires the cream of the crop.

CA fired after being caught sleeping in his car during shift; cashier termed after switching out guest giftcards with unscanned ones; flow TM caught 'shopping' in electronics before store opening.

CA fired after being caught sleeping in his car during shift; cashier termed after switching out guest giftcards with unscanned ones; flow TM caught 'shopping' in electronics before store opening.

We had Team Members termed for the same reasons. Especially for the gift card fraud.

Re: giftcard swaps - that one happens a lot & you'd think they'd notice the camera above but they always think they're too slick :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back