• Thread starter targetgirl123456
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

targetgirl123456

If you suck at zoning a certain department does a TL send you to another department to zone? Since it's the busiest time of the year the toy section is extremely busy, lot's of guest asking for help etc. I got a compliment from a guest today when I asked her if she needed help with anything. I helped her with everything she needed. She grabbed my hand and said Thank you so much. You guys are so much better than toys r us! Because no one goes up to customers in toys r us to ask people if they need help for anything. So I was doing fine. But what does ETLS & TL's expect? You can't zone really good in an hour because everything just get's messed up all over again PLUS you have to help guest first before anything.

Anyways sometimes toys is hard for me because it's busy & everything is always touched & messed up when i pass by I isle i already zoned.
One of my TL's send me to zone B instead. & he said This is kind of busy for you or something like that.

Its been a few years, but during Christmas we never bothered zoning toys at closing. The STL shifted Planto to toys during this period; they basically zoned/pushed/did MPG work on toys during the last part of the holiday period.

Toys is a rough section this time of year. Don't feel bad for having a little trouble with the zoning of toys/entertainment. The best way to feel better about those sections is to tough it out and learn as much as possible about them. You'll feel far more accomplished in your work life by tackling the sections you find difficult. For me, it's intimates/RTW. As a guy, those obviously aren't the most comfortable sections for me, but I'm looking forward to at least becoming competent in those areas. I'd love to be able to work every section of the store except food ave. / Starbucks.

Toys is a general nightmare during 4th quarter, and hopefully your store has a team set up to handle it during this time because one or two lone team members aren't generally going to be able to zone it to completion and push reshop unless the store is that slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back