• Thread starter CrimsonRaven712
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CrimsonRaven712

Each week I usually work between 20-30hrs a week, but for the past few weeks I've only gotten 15 hours. Is the addition of seasonal team members have anything to do with this? Even Thanksgiving week where my store is having 7 trucks, I still only have 15hrs.

Yes. That's why. It should go back to normal after BF. Are you flow? If so, I would count on be added after your normal schedule. Make sure your TL and ETL know you want more hours. They'd rather have someone stay over they know they can count on.

I had two weeks in a row now where my hours plummeted. I was pissed off as anything, and my GSTL kept telling me it was an error and we are too tight on people so I should be scheduled more, blah, blah, blah. I can't even complain at my ETL because he's transferring soon, so I can't hold his feet to the fire for changing the schedule and screwing things up. So I got desperate and went and talked to my ETL-HR. I honestly thought that would be a waste of time, but when I explained to her it had happened twice in two weeks and my availability is set at 6 1/2 days a week, she groaned, apologized and made sure I am up to 45 hours with the rest of them on the week of Thanksgiving.

This is not the time of year we should have to fight for hours. What are other people comparable to your position getting for hours? If they are getting more hours, politely bring it up to anyone who will listen until you get an answer on what to do for more hours. Don't let them tell you it was a mistake without asking them to fix it. Believe me, they have all the hours in the world to give right now...so stand up and ask for them.

I'd address this with your TL, HR, STL, ETL (whoever of that group you feel most comfortable with) Ask them for more hours, I can't imagine they won't have PLENTY of hours to offer you. Also, MANY employees WANT days off, so keep asking your co-workers if they would like you to take some of their shifts

Thanks so much.

Everyone else seems to be getting their normal hours, I'm the only one who has had a decrease. I asked my TL and she didn't know why it happened, but she agreed it was weird that I only got 15 for Black Friday. The only thing that stinks is that since we are on 2am the scheduling people don't come in until after I leave and I work another job so I can't come in while they are there.

Oh for the past three weeks at my store flow has been cut to 3 1/2 hour shifts. Getting about 15-17 hours a week. And before that we were still only sitting on four hour shifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back