Archived Swap board question

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was able to snatch up a lot of hours this week because after the schedule was posted, a bunch of hours went on the board from HR. Why is that? Did they somehow come up with extra hours or think that they didn't have anyone to schedule?

in our store there is usually only 2 reasons that HR/ETL's put hours up on the swap board:

a) somebody got fired or quit w/o notice (99% of the time)
b) there was a vacation/LOA request that was approved but somehow overlooked by the computer (this has actually happened twice in the last 2 months)

Ah...thank you. As a new person in a ULV, when it's rare that there are more than 2 or 3 of us at a time so if someone quit/got fired, it would be a long time before I would notice.

Could also be some kind of major project (price change, plano, etc.) came up.
Either from Spot dropping it from above or a crises from below.
So they pulled someone who was trained for it off the registers and put the opened up hours on the board.

So, it turns out that I took so many hours on this week's board, that when the computer did the schedule, it must have noticed that and gave me 35.5 up from the normal 26 I usually get! I nearly did a happy dance all the way out of the store. Now, if this continues after school starts, I may die, but we'll worry about it then...

So, it turns out that I took so many hours on this week's board, that when the computer did the schedule, it must have noticed that and gave me 35.5 up from the normal 26 I usually get! I nearly did a happy dance all the way out of the store. Now, if this continues after school starts, I may die, but we'll worry about it then...

Do a little dance, & take it to the bank!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back