Archived swap shifts too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am usually on the floor and I love it for the most part but recently ,since we got new TM's, I've been scheduled to work as cashier. I am usually okay with doing code one's but I am not 100% comfortable with spending one whole shift handling money and dealing with guest. I have anxiety and basically feel sort of exposed/ closed in whenever I am handling transactions. I am not sure I am ready to be on the front lanes one hundred percent. So I've been swapping all of my cashier shifts recently but i am not sure if that could put my job in jeopardy since I've only been picking up sales floor shifts. When is it too much? and how could I try to come about my situation with an LOD to avoid a misunderstanding?

Do you know why they're moving you from sales floor to cashier (there must be some reason?) I'm guessing you were hired on as sales floor? Have you talked to your assigned team leader about it? Has a team lead talked to you about this move?

Do you know why they're moving you from sales floor to cashier (there must be some reason?) I'm guessing you were hired on as sales floor? Have you talked to your assigned team leader about it? Has a team lead talked to you about this move?
Yes, I was mainly hired as salesfloor. I am still receiving normal sales floor shifts but as of lately they being mixed in with cashier shifts. (ive been scheduled as cashier atleast 3 times within the past five work weeks.) I haven't spoken to a team lead about it as i figured it was probably normal for softlines tm's to get them but rest assured I dont feel comfortable with the position.

As far as I know if the shifts you're dropping are being picked up by other TMs then it shouldn't be a problem. If HR or an ETL question it just explain why you're doing it.

I'd check with your TL or the GSTL and find out what's going on. It might be as simple as getting you more hours or experience. At my store if you're uncomfortable with something that is outside of your main workcenter's core roles they don't force it on you.

For example we have a TM in hardlines that often comes up for guest carryouts. She only does this during the day or if it's a team lift though. She's not comfortable going outside alone with a guest in the dark.

We have a TM in our store is in the same boat as you are. She will come up for back up, but is extremely uncomfortable cashiering for actual shifts. I told her she needs to talk to a TL about this, but either she didn't or they really don't care. She doesn't get them often, but any time she gets a cashier shift, she puts in on the swap board. That's fine and dandy, and no one really cares.

The problem is, is that if she doesn't find someone to cover the shift, more often than not, she will just call off. We don't have a lot of cashiers to begin with, and tend to use the salesfloor to supplement hours, give them more hours, etc, so their feeling is everyone needs to take their turn. So it's becoming a bit of a tug of war between the TLs and her...and that is the issue.

Yes, I was mainly hired as salesfloor. I am still receiving normal sales floor shifts but as of lately they being mixed in with cashier shifts. (ive been scheduled as cashier atleast 3 times within the past five work weeks.) I haven't spoken to a team lead about it as i figured it was probably normal for softlines tm's to get them but rest assured I dont feel comfortable with the position.

We have a few sales floor TM's and flow TM's that work as cashier to get the extra hours. If you expressed interest in "needing more hours" they could be trying to help you out with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back