Archived Taking stuff home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Box knives which I throw in a cup on the washer as I sort laundry, when full I bag them and throw them in drawer we get them from. Many pull clips, some didn't come back cause chip clips. ;) . A radio once didn't notice til I got home, I just brought it back next day. And I snag cardboard boxes for anyone moving.

I had a backroom clip mysteriously appear on the side of my fridge long before I started training in the backroom. At least one box cutter because...well, what if I need to open a box?

I normally have multiple pens, but an ETL stole my last one. :mad:

Actually the one thing I took home permanently without intending to was the key to the Expressions music display (could be wrong on the name and I gather you don't have them any more.)
I had put it on my key ring and when they showed me the door I forgot all about it.
I also have one of the keys for taking the zip cords off the games on there.

I've taken home the signing keys a few times. I also have a drawer full of box cutters and pens. Screws, pushpins and other assorted stuff that cones out of my pockets end up cat play things.

People actually put their boxcutters back? I just keep one or two in my bag of stuff I take to work. Used to occasionally carry a pocket of grey dots home with me or flip labels (they hold your bag of chips closed! Sort of); raincheck pads were always too bulky for me to forget I had a pocketful of them. Would love to have a set of those colorful clips but really don't want to get fired for stealing them. Maybe someday when I get out of this place...

I actually will never return the box cutters. I even gave one to my wife because you never know when someone might try to attack you...that's my logic on why I will never give them back. I need a weapon.
Just spend the money on an actual knife (depending on laws in your state and your willingness to actually make somebody bleed) or pepper spray or something. Don't be a cheapass and use Target 's boxcutters for self defense. They're not weapons, they're tools of dubious quality.

It's still better than nothing. The laws here are iffy about knives so at least I have a box cutter regardless it will still make someone bleed.

People actually put their boxcutters back? I just keep one or two in my bag of stuff I take to work.

Yes I tend to bring them back, I am notorious for when I switch to a fresh pair of work pants I leave stuff in the dirty pair. So when I get a cup full of them I bring a bag back. I have kept a few but I don't need a coffee mug full of them. But I have been good for the last couple of months, actually remembering to clean out my pockets before I chuck them in the hamper.

Really? Two box cutters?

P6ijZTw.jpg

Those are just the ones sitting on my desk or in my desk drawer. I am sure I have more around the house and at least 5 or so spare sitting in my car. I typically bring at least 3 with me to work because there is always some team member that doesn't have one, so I've given away countless box cutters. Probably give at least 1 a week on average to someone...Let's not mention I've had to thrown away a few box cutters because the casing bent too much or they came apart.

I'm actually surprised there was so few. I also have dozens of markers and some pens.

I just found half a green clip in my pocket, cause the other half had caught on something and broke off. Box cutters many times (Target must take huge losses on those [maybe that's why they got the new ones]). Made it to my car with a walkie/PDA many times. I've kept lots of zip-ties from working on bikes, big rubber bands. I've rescued good binders from the trash when offices have been cleaned out. Empty shoeboxes are needed at my house occasionally, or other moving boxes. Ended up with a couple sharpies from inventory. Gray Dots, rain check pads, New TM name tags. A couple empty roll-wrap tubes for my son's Hotwheels.

Over the last 10 years.
I'm not a hoarder.

Last edited:
I just found half a green clip in my pocket, cause the other half had caught on something and broke off. Box cutters many times (Target must take huge losses on those [maybe that's why they got the new ones]). Made it to my car with a walkie/PDA many times. I've kept lots of zip-ties from working on bikes, big rubber bands. I've rescued good binders from the trash when offices have been cleaned out. Empty shoeboxes are needed at my house occasionally, or other moving boxes. Ended up with a couple sharpies from inventory. Gray Dots, rain check pads, New TM name tags. A couple empty roll-wrap tubes for my son's Hotwheels.

Over the last 10 years.
I'm not a hoarder.

Ariel-RoleModel-Satisfied.jpg

Also another TM's paycheck once. Same initials, names sound similar. Got to the bank and they were like "is R. S. in the vehicle?" Call me embarrassed.

I have a lot of box cutters in my room/car/bag. I also walked out with a LPDA battery once, had it in my pocket so if mind died I wouldn't have to go get someone to unlock the equipment room. Took me a few days to remember to put it back.

I have a lot of box cutters in my room/car/bag. I also walked out with a LPDA battery once, had it in my pocket so if mind died I wouldn't have to go get someone to unlock the equipment room. Took me a few days to remember to put it back.

I still have one in my toolbox.. Keep forgetting to give it to the person to send to CSC.

Name tags, box cutters, grey dots, rain check pads. and several back room clips.

From my retail job prior to Target, I have a red vest with "Kmart Loss Prevention" on the back. I was working in electronics on Black Friday, and our LP made me wear it. I was summoned to do carts later and wore it under my coat and totally forgot about it. Still have it.

Name tags, box cutters, grey dots, rain check pads. and several back room clips.

From my retail job prior to Target, I have a red vest with "Kmart Loss Prevention" on the back. I was working in electronics on Black Friday, and our LP made me wear it. I was summoned to do carts later and wore it under my coat and totally forgot about it. Still have it.

I had the green black Thursday shirt, I wear it change the oil or other work on the cars.. It's wrecked, transmission fluid with 100,000 miles leaves stains that do NOT come out of clothing :)

I've taken a walkie clip home, and many box cutters. I stopped using spot's cutters and started using my own.

Just don't take any displays, product, equipment, money, or guest coupons and you'll be golden.
Guest coupons aka the $3 we fucked up coupons or the stuff that nobody ever wants? Because I'm very guilty of taking a few $1 dollar off Starbucks drinks coupons from self checkout that are on their way to the trash.

Aside from those, box cutters are my favorite things to borrow, pens, markers, and I almost drove home with the GSA/GSTL phone from when I covered the lanes.

Guest coupons aka the $3 we fucked up coupons or the stuff that nobody ever wants? Because I'm very guilty of taking a few $1 dollar off Starbucks drinks coupons from self checkout that are on their way to the trash.

Aside from those, box cutters are my favorite things to borrow, pens, markers, and I almost drove home with the GSA/GSTL phone from when I covered the lanes.

Ive heard of people getting CCAd over it on here, but always remember: ASANTS.

Besides the obligatory 6 pack of Beer I usually take home with me.

I can't begin to tell you how many Flip Labels, Meat Coupons, and Blue Pens i have at my house.

Ive heard of people getting CCAd over it on here, but always remember: ASANTS.

Yeah, honestly, be really careful with that. Especially with taking the apology coupons. I could imagine one getting termed over that really easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back