Archived Target blocks TMs from product ratings???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or does Target block all TMs from posting product ratings in the Target app/website?

I noticed YEARS ago (pre employment) that Target wouldn't post ratings if I was very negative about a product but in the last four years I've spent TENS of THOSANDS of dollars online and in the store and today just came to realize that not a SINGLE rating whether glowing or otherwise has been a allowed.

I'm going to be straight up.

I'm quite pissed that I bothered to spend so much time over those years ESPECIALLY now that I'm aware of Target's new payoff to posters program* which, of COURSE, results in tainted reviews to keep the freebies coming.

*An individual or family (no Target employees) signs up to receive FREE products GALORE in exchange for posting reviews on Target's website.

Not surprised. As a TM, you're supposed to DRIVE SALES PROFITABLY, not say negative things about our products

Not surprised. As a TM, you're supposed to DRIVE SALES PROFITABLY, not say negative things about our products

False information. Driving sales while reviewing products online is either A) Working off the clock and fireable or B) Time theft (dumbass term) if you're playing on your phone while on the clock, so also fireable.

When not on the clock, we're guests and have every right to say whatever we want about Target products. For example, Hearth and Hand is overpriced and people should wait to buy it until it goes on clearance, which it always does because it's overpriced and consequently doesn't all sell. Also, everything in Bullseye's Playgound is cheap garbage that you will regret impulse buying. Furthermore, while our Target brand clothing seems like a good deal for the price, don't buy it. It's not going to stand up to as many washings as something that you pay only a few dollars more for. Finally, yes Target brand plastic storage containers are a little bit cheaper than Sterlite. Buy the Sterlite. The plastic is molded much better with much better quality control. Target brand gets brittle, especially when left in the cold. It will break. Finally, everything branded under Simply Balanced tastes like ass. Archer farms nuts and mixes are really great though. They're the shit. Better than Planters.

Ahhh, it feels good to be a guest at the moment.

I've not said even ONE negative thing since becoming employed by Target. I rated things very honestly 5 years ago BEFORE I became employed. Now I say something "nice and neutral" or give great reviews. Not a single one posted in over 4 years.

And yes...they send me many emails effectively begging for review of products and I mean SO many emails that it becomes quite annoying.

False information. Driving sales while reviewing products online is either A) Working off the clock and fireable or B) Time theft (dumbass term) if you're playing on your phone while on the clock, so also fireable.

When not on the clock, we're guests and have every right to say whatever we want about Target products. For example, Hearth and Hand is overpriced and people should wait to buy it until it goes on clearance, which it always does because it's overpriced and consequently doesn't all sell. Also, everything in Bullseye's Playgound is cheap garbage that you will regret impulse buying. Furthermore, while our Target brand clothing seems like a good deal for the price, don't buy it. It's not going to stand up to as many washings as something that you pay only a few dollars more for. Finally, yes Target brand plastic storage containers are a little bit cheaper than Sterlite. Buy the Sterlite. The plastic is molded much better with much better quality control. Target brand gets brittle, especially when left in the cold. It will break. Finally, everything branded under Simply Balanced tastes like ass. Archer farms nuts and mixes are really great though. They're the shit. Better than Planters.

Ahhh, it feels good to be a guest at the moment.
Not on the clock and they innundate with so many email requests for reviews that I review just to stop the email.

Cool post, BTW :cool:

They send emails asking you to do the survey if you order something for pickup, so no they aren't going to fire you for it. Waste of time to do it though.

Reactions: DBZ
They send emails asking you to do the survey if you order something for pickup, so no they aren't going to fire you for it. Waste of time to do it though.

I think I've gotten two of these and did them both. Well, I did the part that takes a few seconds. I quit when they want more of my time. I figure they would ignore me anyway. I doubt it is a chance to fire you because my etl would have loved to have threatened me with a convo. There is a pretty damn good chance my etl doesn't read those emails though.

My ETL did talk to me and said she has to talk to her HR partner.

Did your ETL come to you or did you tell your ETL? Was this a survey printed on a receipt? Did you use your discount during the transaction?

ETL came to me. Said it came through from corporate. Did not use discount, it was not my transaction/receipt.

Cause I stupidly put my email address on it, which had identifying info in it. Not sure why I did that. Not thinking I guess.

This is ironic given i work at a specialty store and we are encouraged and even get deep discounts on products so we can speak to both negative and positive aspects. And direct the custormer to what will work best for them. Target is so bassackwards for a retail store :/

Last edited:
Cause I stupidly put my email address on it, which had identifying info in it. Not sure why I did that. Not thinking I guess.

we get the contact information from guests who opt-in so we can respond to their surveys in real time from the store, so that's how you got caught.

I'm curious.... was it a good review or a negative one? Did you name anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back