Archived Target closing 11 additional stores this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Target has grown substantialy in the past 20 years. Stores 20 years and older are outdated, too small to house the amount of product that flows through the DC. Ive heard they arent closing down, just making room for larger stores. Hopefully these employees will get to keep their jobs. What a heartbreak it would be.
The oldest stores in my district actually have the biggest backrooms and have seen regular remodels. Hell, some of them are in better shape than my >20 year old store.

Target are required to notify the local authority that they are going to cease operations and close a store,generally 60 days notice is required to my knowledge but Target give 90 days,that is why they make it known to the media at this time of the year as we are about 90 days our from our financial year end.All eligible employees are eligible to transfer to nearby stores,but that is the catch.I would expect that the stores that are closing to have number of people on final warnings and therefore will not be eligible to transfer.

Target has grown substantialy in the past 20 years. Stores 20 years and older are outdated, too small to house the amount of product that flows through the DC. Ive heard they arent closing down, just making room for larger stores. Hopefully these employees will get to keep their jobs. What a heartbreak it would be.
My store is ancient and we got the E&E remodel and self checkouts this past summer.

Another closure to add to the list: the SuperSpot in Roswell, GA on Holcomb Bridge Road will be closing at the end of January. Although this store is located in an upscale area, it is located far from major highways and likely couldn't pull the traffic needed to support it, especially offering full grocery. Have any other store closures been announced yet? So far, out of these 11 closures, we have Jennings, MO; Indio, CA; and Roswell, GA.

Another closure to add to the list: the SuperSpot in Roswell, GA on Holcomb Bridge Road will be closing at the end of January. Although this store is located in an upscale area, it is located far from major highways and likely couldn't pull the traffic needed to support it, especially offering full grocery. Have any other store closures been announced yet? So far, out of these 11 closures, we have Jennings, MO; Indio, CA; and Roswell, GA.
Oklahoma City South, OK closed at the same time as Jennings, MO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back