Archived Target credit union

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started at target about 3 weeks ago. After looking through my new hire packet I came across papers about the credit union. I signed up online. When asking my coworkers if the extra 5% works when using the credit union card everyone was clueless. Only 1 person I spoke to knew about the credit union but did not know if you got 5% off when using it like you do with a red card . So my question is , do I have to link my tcu card with the target red card to get the 5% ?

You get a debit card and can use it with your discount or you can apply with your tcu account to get a red card for the 5%.

do I have to link my tcu card with the target red card to get the 5% ?

You have to apply for a red card separate. Once you do that (and are approved for a debit card) you tie to your TCU account and it debits directly from your TCU account.

I'm surprised more people don't use the Target Credit Union. I get free money just for carrying a balance (dividends in both checking and savings) and there is no fees for anything.

I just did orientation last week. Will have to look into It! Seems like they offer a lot of benefits.

You have to apply for a red card separate. Once you do that (and are approved for a debit card) you tie to your TCU account and it debits directly from your TCU account.

I'm surprised more people don't use the Target Credit Union. I get free money just for carrying a balance (dividends in both checking and savings) and there is no fees for anything.
Me and my partner got a joint one because of the 2% interest rate.

I have my own stand alone account for a few years now. I love it. Especially getting paid early.

Me and my partner got a joint one because of the 2% interest rate.

I have my own stand alone account for a few years now. I love it. Especially getting paid early.
Oh yeah...so used to it I forgot about being paid early. Wednesday night of pay week...the money's there.

What time does it go through? I used to use American Express serve and would get paid Wednesday mornings. I thought it would be the same with tru. I'm on the east coast .

What time does it go through? I used to use American Express serve and would get paid Wednesday mornings. I thought it would be the same with tru. I'm on the east coast .
Usually after 8 pm Wednesday.

Just got the tcu card with direct deposit so far so good. I dont have a traditional bank account due to bad experience with them in the past. Previously I had been using Paypal debit card but the fees were adding up. I do miss getting a text alert everytime I made a purchase. Is that possible with TCU? I signed up for text alerts but I have to message bal to this number I would like it to be automatic. Also...now that I read your post about linking the card to Target Debit to get the 5 percent. .is there a downside to that? Obviously I would have to order checks? (I hate checks)

Just got the tcu card with direct deposit so far so good. I dont have a traditional bank account due to bad experience with them in the past. Previously I had been using Paypal debit card but the fees were adding up. I do miss getting a text alert everytime I made a purchase. Is that possible with TCU? I signed up for text alerts but I have to message bal to this number I would like it to be automatic. Also...now that I read your post about linking the card to Target Debit to get the 5 percent. .is there a downside to that? Obviously I would have to order checks? (I hate checks)
Not sure about the text alert, something I don't use at all.

As for red card...you wouldn't need to order checks. You just need the routing and account number. If you do it online anyway. In store, I guess you'd need a check. I did it all online. I haven't found a downside yet. At first, they don't allow you to use it much. I tried to use it back to back days on a ~$30 purchase early on, and it was declined the second time. Seems they want you to "build up" to using it often. I still will get declined if I use it more than 3-4 times before any of the transactions clear. it takes a few days for the transactions to clear (business days) because it's basically like writing a check when you use the debit card.

Reactions: TTB
I have a savings account with TCU ( have a certain amount taken out of each check ). That amount is always placed in my TCU account on the Wed before we get paid on Friday. So, your money should be in your account the Wed before the Friday that we usually get paid .

Mine hasn't come yet this paycheck. This is the 1st time it hasn't come by 830pm cst. Idk what's going on but it's definitely late for me.

Oh yeah...so used to it I forgot about being paid early. Wednesday night of pay week...the money's there.
At the dc our payday is Thursday but we get it with credit union on Tuesday night

At the dc our payday is Thursday but we get it with credit union on Tuesday night
Yeah it would be whenever the deposit electronically "posts" to the bank/CU (I forget the exact wording). Usually that is two days before payday, no matter what day your pay day is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back