Archived Target Facebook Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
As buliSBI mentioned in the chatbox, Target's top comments from users are mainly about the open-carry laws with some "YOU DON'T SUPPORT THE TROOPS!!!" mixed in but the comments on the left made me laugh out loud.

kec9k0.jpg

It's crazy! In az, we have laws that allow concealed weapons. So ..... yeah.
If I see a guy strapped with a cart of groceries going on with his business, I don't assume he is any kind of terrorist or law breaker. People purposefully like pages to bash them with stuff that is either not true or senseless. I don't get it.

As buliSBI mentioned in the chatbox, Target's top comments from users are mainly about the open-carry laws with some "YOU DON'T SUPPORT THE TROOPS!!!" mixed in but the comments on the left made me laugh out loud.

kec9k0.jpg
29 friends? Makes me wanna send you a friend request

Does anyone actually support the troops? I'm not trying to start World War Z or offend anyone but having a bumper sticker or typing "I support the troops" on your Facebook page isn't really supporting the troops. If you support the troops, donate your time or money to a charity that helps troops. I can admit that I've been guilty of the fake supporting the troops but I've also tried to atone for it by donating to the USO.

If I see a guy strapped with a cart of groceries going on with his business, I don't assume he is any kind of terrorist or law breaker. People purposefully like pages to bash them with stuff that is either not true or senseless. I don't get it.

I live in a major metropolitan area of Texas and have seen these open carry groups in action. They frequently break the law by carrying in places that sell alcohol and are often douchebags trying to get a rise out of people and then whining about "MAH RIGHTZZ!!" when they get kicked out of restaurants. They also don't help their cause by posing in those places while carrying at low ready:
284413_v1.jpg

or flagging little girls:
284403_v2.jpg

Does anyone actually support the troops? I'm not trying to start World War Z or offend anyone but having a bumper sticker or typing "I support the troops" on your Facebook page isn't really supporting the troops. If you support the troops, donate your time or money to a charity that helps troops. I can admit that I've been guilty of the fake supporting the troops but I've also tried to atone for it by donating to the USO.

Michael Moore wrote up an article talking about that as well. It went straight over the heads of most people.
https://www.facebook.com/mmflint/posts/10151169275916857

"Support the Troops" is probably the most common version of Facebook activism.

I support gun rights and the right to carry in public, but there is no reason that you should be carrying a weapon at low ready, or slung over your shoulder.. Its not like you're in a combat zone! It is tantamount to walking around brandishing a knife, and I'm sure that would freak a lot of people out too.

If anything, weapons should be required to be holstered when out in public; I think this is the case in most states including mine, but seems like a lot of idiots waving their guns around in public in some of these pictures....

So much for common sense...

Last edited by a moderator:
People need to realize that the 2nd Amendment was created in the late 1700s. They didn't have semi-automatic assault rifles at that time. It was written up to prevent an oppressing government from taking up firearms which were meant for hunting and protection.

But just for the record I do support mild open carry on certain public properties and lands; not inside restaurants, college campuses, bars, or Target. Pistols ok but assault rifles not. Holstered, or in bag or case. Yes its a right...but people need to earn the right to open carry. Personally, when one openly mocks that they possess a firearm and preach their open carry rights, they don't respect the firearm or the 2nd Amendment.

If I see someone walking down a public street or in a Target store with a pistol or rifle in hand, and they are not law enforcement, I am calling the cops.

Last edited:
People need to realize that the 2nd Amendment was created in the late 1700s. They didn't have semi-automatic assault rifles at that time. It was written up to prevent an oppressing government from taking up firearms which were meant for hunting and protection.

But just for the record I do support mild open carry on certain public properties and lands; not inside restaurants, college campuses, bars, or Target. Pistols ok but assault rifles not. Holstered, or in bag or case. Yes its a right...but people need to earn the right to open carry. Personally, when one openly mocks that they possess a firearm and preach their open carry rights, they don't respect the firearm or the 2nd Amendment.

If I see someone walking down a public street or in a Target store with a pistol or rifle in hand, and they are not law enforcement, I am calling the cops.

This. Just because you have the right to carry doesn't mean you need to show off your arsenal everywhere you go.

There are alternatives to guns. You could carry mace, knives, a sword, ninja stars, baseball bat, broken glass bottle, cricket paddle, etc... I remember that decent Nic Cage movie where he was a weatherman and would get bullied on the streets and he carries a boe with arrows.

There are alternatives to guns. You could carry mace, knives, a sword, ninja stars, baseball bat, broken glass bottle, cricket paddle, etc... I remember that decent Nic Cage movie where he was a weatherman and would get bullied on the streets and he carries a boe with arrows.
Weatherman...that was one of his best most underrated movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back