Archived Target "gyft" cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I had a new one last night. A guest presented a Target "gyft" card -- said he had received a physical Target gift card, scanned it into this mobile app (Gyft), and that it should be redeemable -- and then he tossed to original card. We tried every conceivable way to process it at the register, but no luck. I've never heard of this app or seen anything about it. I did a quick search and all I can find is third party sources saying Target now accepts bitcoins and gyft -- nothing official from Target that I've run across.

Any clues? You guys ever run across this? Did it work out for your guest?

I should also clarify there was a scannable barcode and a gift card number -- but the barcode wouldn't scan and the number wasn't accepted by the POS either.

The Gyft system is not supported or endorsed by Target, so I would assume were not responsible for his problems. He should of kept the card or used Targets online gift card system.

As a guest, I had an issue with my barcode scanning from that app too. I don't use it anymore and load my gift cards to Target's gift card system. I find it much easier to use, plus you can combine multiple gift cards onto one through Target's system.

If you have trouble getting a mobile gift card/coupon/Cartwheel to scan, ask the guest if they can turn up the screen brightness. Turning it up all the way sometimes helps.

Like previous posters said, Target doesn't support that App, so any problems with it are on the guest.

It is likely that the App MAY have the GC #, but not the Event # which is why you couldn't hand key it. All Hand-Keyed giftcards require GC# and Event # to process (not shown on paper receipt either, must either have the Gift Card or do a POS Lookup)

As a guest, I had an issue with my barcode scanning from that app too. I don't use it anymore and load my gift cards to Target's gift card system. I find it much easier to use, plus you can combine multiple gift cards onto one through Target's system.

If you have trouble getting a mobile gift card/coupon/Cartwheel to scan, ask the guest if they can turn up the screen brightness. Turning it up all the way sometimes helps.

Thanks for the tip!

Yeah, I was confused because when you look or google Gyft + Target, it looks legit -- has the logo, trademark info, everything. I would think if Target didn't endorse it they would nip that in the bud with a little lawyer power. But I couldn't find anything official from Target...

Like previous posters said, Target doesn't support that App, so any problems with it are on the guest.

It is likely that the App MAY have the GC #, but not the Event # which is why you couldn't hand key it. All Hand-Keyed giftcards require GC# and Event # to process (not shown on paper receipt either, must either have the Gift Card or do a POS Lookup)

How do you do a POS look-up and find the event #? I've never done that.

You need access to Inside POS, so if you aren't a GSA or higher you won't be able to

You need access to Inside POS, so if you aren't a GSA or higher you won't be able to
I have access. :) so now what do I do?

Search a record and it should list the Event # under the Giftcard where scanned into POS (whether its for a promo OR sale)

I had a single experience with this app at the service desk. A guest tried to redeem his gift card through gyft at electronics. It didn't go through. They sent him to me. Spoke with the gift card 800 # and they said that gift card with that number was used in Boston three days before. The guest was given a reference number and was told there was nothing we could do. Never saw him again.

Only caveats are that you probably will have to search 999 under register location (All), and also it can't be same day transactions. Has to be at least the day after since like returns it pulls the information from a central location.

You can buy gift cards through Gyft (including Target) but those would have all the necessary info. Scanning one in or entering the info manually may be less efficient, though and I'm guessing user error is more probable that way. When you search for gyft + target, the positive reviews are from people who bought their gift card through gyft. I saw a few people who used bitcoins to buy a gift card.

Alsoooo, I didn't even know you could add a gift card to target's mobile thing. That's cool. I thought when people had the mobile gift cards the only possibilities were that they were either purchased online from the get-go, or they were from shopkick or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back