Archived Target hardship fund..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey new here ..I was wondering if anyone has received the hardship fund and not trying to be nosey ...but what were some of the situations that got approved? I asked my ETL and she said it has to be for a natural disaster or something along those lines ..but I am facing an eviction for the first time ever and I just need 400.00 by tomorrow :( sorry just "feeling hopeless.

Spot can help you on this! See hr without delay!

Team member Emergency Assistance Fund aka hardship fund.
Talk to your ETL HR about it. You have to fill out a form, your ETL HR has to fill out another form, and they are both sent to TMSC. A group of people reviews your application, and, if you apply, they will put up to $500 into your paycheck. The HR team actually CANT deny you the form. The ETL HR -CAN- decide to NOT recommend you, for whatever reason.
By the way, this is a serious fund meant to help team members in emergency situations.

http://www.thebreakroom.org/showthread.php/243-Hardship-money

Last edited:
My sister has received it, mostly along the lines of needing help taking care of family, etc. I don't know if failing to pay rent qualifies you but it can't hurt to ask.

Yea my ETL said it wasn't for situations where you just can't make ends meet.

You can get it for rent issues as well, its a case by case situation. When you write your situation on the form include information about how this will help you and your plan for it to not happen again. They will deny you if they feel that giving you the money is only going to prolong your situation, i.e. next month you cant pay rent as well. Recently helped a TM get this went to HR with her and everything she was having a hard time, she is getting by now. Still has some issues but everyone in the backroom helps her out when necessary, lunch or rides whatever is needed.

Thanx a lot :) that really makes me feel alot better..hopefully the people reviewing it will have a heart because this will not be a repeat. Its just hard to catch up if u fall behind ..with late fees and all

Best of luck to you.
I hope things get better for you.
I know how though it can be.

Well yesterday I did my application and I was extremely nervous as to what to say exactly because I know my situation didn't exactly fit the criteria. Anyhow I did it in faith so we will see what happens. I practically begged lol..so embarrassing but hey I did offer to pay it back as well..even tho its not required ..I will want to if I'm approved cus ill be so happy :)

Well yesterday I did my application and I was extremely nervous as to what to say exactly because I know my situation didn't exactly fit the criteria. Anyhow I did it in faith so we will see what happens. I practically begged lol..so embarrassing but hey I did offer to pay it back as well..even tho its not required ..I will want to if I'm approved cus ill be so happy :)

spread the wrod, if you hear about other tm's in need..

Will do...I've told a few already no one has ever heard of it.

So I as I was spreading the word ..a current team member was denied the application ..h'm weird ?

they wouldn't even give them the application?

what I'd worry about in a situation like this is some TMs thinking this was their shot at free money

Yes. I guess the STL told her about it..this is years before I started even working for Target ..anyhow she had a rental situation I think she said ..and he told told her to go the HRETL..she says she asked about it and she only directed her to the TM resource line..the TM said she asked several times and she ignored her. But I do know this TM is a African refugee so maybe there was a communication block. Idk

A TM is having a really tough time because of their parent's health crises. I asked if HR had talked to them about the emergency fund. When they asked the ETL-HR the ETL said they had never heard of it. They have never followed up with the TM. Did Spot get rid of the fund? If not, does anyone have a suggestion?

Call TMSC. But, I will tell you this fund is HR's best kept secret in a lot of stores. As far as I know, it still exists, but we are not allowed to spread the word. A team member got in trouble for talking about it a few months back. :/

What about your local United Way? As I understand it Target is a huge supporter and HR does fund raisers every year with the team. Won't they help in situations like this?

No in my area they absolutly will not. How could a TM get in trouble for talking about the fund?

Call TMSC. But, I will tell you this fund is HR's best kept secret in a lot of stores. As far as I know, it still exists, but we are not allowed to spread the word. A team member got in trouble for talking about it a few months back. :/
The sad part is, if you search for hardship fund in ehr or workbench, nothing is found. But, stay on hr in a nice way to get it.
It was mentioned in this news article:
http://www.swnewsmedia.com/chaska_h...1ca-a876-55cc-8696-23ecee865729.html?mode=jqm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back