Archived Target HSA Plan Payment

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got the target HSA plan for family, but i am not sure how I am supposed to pay for it. For example, in the portal it shows:

Medical.............................................United Healthcare HSA........................................................$xxx

Health Savings Account...................Employee Contribution -0.00/Pay Period...........................$0.00

So does the $xxx get automatically deducted from my paycheck or do i have to set that amount on the Employee Contribution section? Or is the Employee Contribution section for adding extra amount on your HSA from your paycheck? Can anybody who has the HSA plan help me out?

Thanks

For HSA:
TM..........$2700(in network deductible)/$5000(out-of-pocket max).....$5400(non-network)/$10,000(o-o-p max)
TM w/kids...............$3500(in net ded)/$6900(out of pocket max)........$7100(non-net ded)/$13,900(o-o-p max)
TM w/spouse or dep...$4700(in net ded)/$8700(o-o-p max).................$9000(non-net ded)/$17,000(o-o-p max)
TM w/family...........$4700(in net ded)/$9300(o-o-p max).....................$9700(non-net ded)/$18,900(o-o-p max)

TM only: If you were in an accident that required ER & hospitalization, you would pay $2700 deductible (can be paid with any HSA acct funds) then 20% of in-network allowed/covered costs until you reach the $5000 out-of-pocket maximum. After that, all covered costs would be paid at 100%.
This plan doesn't utilize copays so you would be billed for any visits/procedures after plan discounts have been applied. Prescriptions are also applied toward the deductible.

The plan year does not begin until April 1. Your contributions should come directly from your paycheck, but not until the plan begins.

You can earn some of your contribution ($300 max between you & spouse) by completing a health assessment, health screening & other options listed on the site.
Your contributions from your paycheck should have been set up when you were doing enrollment. You should be able to go back in & set your deduction amt before month's end. If not, call Team member services (the number is in HLM's post near the bottom).

So I have to set the amount in "Employee contribution - 0.0 /payperiod" section, it does not deduct the required amount automatically right? Because I don't want to pay more than what is required.

I do not contribute to my HSA since I have a secondary insurance and do not need to right now. I leave it at 0. The required premium should automatically be deducted from your paycheck. Call the TMSC if you're still not sure!

As Rarejem said, the premiums are automatically deducted from your paycheck but any HSA/HRA contributions you want to make you need to set the amt.
If you don't want any put aside, no worries but it's handy if you know you're going to be spending $$ on health expenses because it's taken out BEFORE taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back