Archived Target in the Huufington Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's Mr. Anderson when you need him?

Sad thing is I actually can feel for the guy that got fired! He was obviously a Senior TL who got stuck doing LOD shifts by himself and this is pretty common in ULV stores! I am surprised more stores don't get in trouble for this, because it is basically something all the ETLs turn a blind eye to with their Senior TLs (obviously if there is ever a Senior in the store 6 hours alone without another key carrier, they are stuck working off the clock they just don't say anything because otherwise they would have to come in earlier or store later to cover for them!)

Sounds like the guy opened his mouth so he got nailed to the wall.

This is going to come back and bite Target in the butt.

This is going to come back and bite Target in the butt.
They'll just settle, like they always do. I would love to work on Targets legal team.
"Hey, we're getting sued! What's that? Settle? Okay, back to Bejeweled then."

Notice how the comments section errupts into a brothel of negativity. Every job review site hosts an equal amount of negative feedback for target. I think that would be why my store CANNOT hire 12 people for seasonal Logistics/flow/backroom/instocks. LOL the word is out Spot!

Notice how the comments section errupts into a brothel of negativity. Every job review site hosts an equal amount of negative feedback for target. I think that would be why my store CANNOT hire 12 people for seasonal Logistics/flow/backroom/instocks. LOL the word is out Spot!

Love the 'erupts into a brothel of negativity' comment. Truly poetic.
The comments section makes for some interesting reading that's for sure.
I'm kind of amazed at the number of comments that essentially came down to 'he should have been glad he had a job and not complained.'

if I was a SrTL on lunch, I'd just leave the store for 30 mins. When you punch out for your meal, you are no longer being paid, so its not against the rules to just leave for 30. Maybe spot will wake up and realize they need a backup LOD in the building.... Or stop having SR.Tls do LOD shifts...

But yeah... Pretty silly how he gets fired for working on break, but there isn't anyone to relieve him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad thing is I actually can feel for the guy that got fired! He was obviously a Senior TL who got stuck doing LOD shifts by himself and this is pretty common in ULV stores! I am surprised more stores don't get in trouble for this, because it is basically something all the ETLs turn a blind eye to with their Senior TLs (obviously if there is ever a Senior in the store 6 hours alone without another key carrier, they are stuck working off the clock they just don't say anything because otherwise they would have to come in earlier or store later to cover for them!)

Yeah this is very common now. With Target trying to get rid of ETLs and replace them lower paid hourly Senior TLs and TLs this is just going to be a growing problem. I swear this company does not seem to be able to any right anymore.

our srtl are scheduled to close by themselves all the time. do they get a lunch? can they just leave the building and get a hamburger next door? i think not. it's not fair. is not being fair worth your job? guess that's up to the individual.

my guess is 20 bucks/hr is getting mighty expensive way down in alabama. we'll probably be seeing new core roles rolling out in february detailing a new salaried srtl position.

if I was a SrTL on lunch, I'd just leave the store for 30 mins. When you punch out for your meal, you are no longer being paid, so its not against the rules to just leave for 30. Maybe spot will wake up and realize they need a backup LOD in the building.... Or stop having SR.Tls do LOD shifts...

But yeah... Pretty silly how he gets fired for working on break, but there isn't anyone to relieve him.

As LOD you are not allowed to leave the building.

That's just it about the internet though, you will always have a higher percentage of people willing to log onto a site to complain than to log in to offer praise. Not just in regards to this post either, it has been consistent through every site I have been a part of. We vent here a lot and that's different, I'm talking about the average person who doesn't get what they feel entitled to and has the urge to inform the world of their gross injustice against them.

It is his fault for working off the clock. He knows he is off the clock then why is he dealing with registers and guest's business? He should know better and punch out go to break room and sit until he punches back in in 30 or 45 minutes. His fault not Target's.

It is his fault for working off the clock. He knows he is off the clock then why is he dealing with registers and guest's business? He should know better and punch out go to break room and sit until he punches back in in 30 or 45 minutes. His fault not Target's.

LOD the registers are down, LOD irate guest up front, LOD an alarm is going off, LOD code green: sorry I am at lunch call me back in 30. Yeah like that is going to happen. This has been Targets simmering little problem for sometime. They expect you as the LOD to respond no matter what but. now they have hourly people doing it. This causes all kinds of problems. And its not like it is a secret, Target just kind of looks the other way hoping they save more monely paying less for senior team leads then its costs them in lawsuits.

Sr TLs work off the clock all of the time when it is convenient for the store. When they close and need a lunch, they eat with walkie on and rarely finish a meal because they are trotting off to some situation somewhere in the store. Then they punch out, lock the doors, drive around the building while off the clock. But if the another ETL is in the building then do not work off the clock or you will be written up. So basically only work off the clock when we say you can. Personally if they paid back pay for all of the lunches I have tried to take when I was LOD, I would have at least a weeks worth of vacation. I loved the article because it exposes the hypocrisy.

Are they really going to get rid of ETLs and put in Sr. TLs? I guess that falls in line with the whole requiring TLs now to have college degrees...No one who spent thousands on a BA is going to want to work at Target long term for 20 an hour. It's not happening. They need to get a grip on reality.

our srtl are scheduled to close by themselves all the time. do they get a lunch? can they just leave the building and get a hamburger next door? i think not. it's not fair. is not being fair worth your job? guess that's up to the individual.

my guess is 20 bucks/hr is getting mighty expensive way down in alabama. we'll probably be seeing new core roles rolling out in february detailing a new salaried srtl position.

Before our former SrTL quit, he would always be scheduled to close with our other SrTL so they could cover each other's lunches. Now that he's gone, when our current SrTL is closing LOD, she designates one of the hardlines TLs to answer LOD calls when she's on break/lunch (though I think the hardlines TL may be training as a SrTL, since he was hired to replace the SrTL who quit).

They'll just settle, like they always do. I would love to work on Targets legal team.
"Hey, we're getting sued! What's that? Settle? Okay, back to Bejeweled then."

Trust me; they are ugly and they do their research. They took a month investigating a recent problem at our store.

Are they really going to get rid of ETLs and put in Sr. TLs? I guess that falls in line with the whole requiring TLs now to have college degrees...No one who spent thousands on a BA is going to want to work at Target long term for 20 an hour. It's not happening. They need to get a grip on reality.

Depends on the store.... Profitable stores seem to have a TON of ETLs, and not so many SR TLS.

Can the LOD (even SR.TL, hourly) really not leave the building?? Even when punched on a MEAL!?!?! How can spot enforce that when they aren't even "working".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back