Archived Target in the news again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sad, they cut 8 million from Gregg so he only b
got to walk away with 15.9.

I agree with this article completely. Target lacks a clear vision at the moment, and the "Vibe" in its current form is not going to fix anything (it hasn't yet). Retail is changing, and simply throwing this idea of "great guest service" at the problem with no major strategies around people, process, or product is not going to go far.

Streamline your processes, give your people revolutionary tools to complete their jobs, and get back to basics with product strategy and they will be back on track!

I agree with this article completely. Target lacks a clear vision at the moment, and the "Vibe" in its current form is not going to fix anything (it hasn't yet). Retail is changing, and simply throwing this idea of "great guest service" at the problem with no major strategies around people, process, or product is not going to go far.

Streamline your processes, give your people revolutionary tools to complete their jobs, and get back to basics with product strategy and they will be back on track!
They started this thing a couple years ago "electronic labels"... I have no exp. With these but I heard horrible things about them..so they are trying new things.. I wouldn't mind working equipment in first place.. we have jacks that been broken for like 6 months and track for trucks is warped from years of freight so now boxes snag or smaller boxes get trapped between wheels so boxes fly everywhere

While I agree focusing on guest service shouldn't be the main focus.. target has to step it up in guest service so we recover from the idenity stuff but gotta improve things internally first.. better training,better pay,more respect for team...will attract better workers and better everything.. if you try being the cheapest company.. that's what you get back

Site to store and ship from store seem to be two things my store is bargaining on as the BIG thing that will bring in the $$$ but if you dont pay the employees, train them properly and hold accountable the ones that are lazy and screw things up thei will just continue to be a broken ship with more tasks

Site to store and ship from store seem to be two things my store is bargaining on as the BIG thing that will bring in the $$$ but if you dont pay the employees, train them properly and hold accountable the ones that are lazy and screw things up thei will just continue to be a broken ship with more tasks

I can see ship from store becoming a cluster really fast. Cause I know they won't give hours to people to actually package the stuff correctly and where I am at this will be huge. We already do huge in the store pick up, we do more in a day than most other stores in our district do in a week..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back