Archived Target India (post horror stories)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was a GSTL back in the day before we outsourced all of our customer service and help desk to India. You'd call a number, talk to a person, they understood you, you understood them, and it was resolved in 2 minutes tops.
Guests had the same luxury, if they had a problem there was somebody who could comprehend what they were saying, and they were generally happy with the resolution. Now both team members and guests have to get in 5-10 minute shouting matches with someone who's only able to try to match what they are saying to a drop down menu of problems. They then just recite word for word the resolution off of a computer screen. They never actually listen to the problem, they just look out for key words and give you an answer based on that key word, and nothing else. I've seen both guest and team members slam down the phone with rage after dealing with them. They are accountable to noone.
Discuss :)

Unfortunately, this is what guests/team members/society in general get when prices are driven to the lowest denominator. You want it cheap and fast? Great. Here you go. Quality? Not so much. Service? Not so much. But generally, people have been willing to accept the trade off.

Not to minimize your frustration but sometimes the people on this side don't help much.
When the first thing out the guests mouth is "I want to talk to an American." you know the conversation isn't going to go well.

The other problem is the folks in India can only work with the tools they are given and they have a supervisor who is grading them on how they handle situations just like we do in the stores.
If they don't walk you through even the most basic steps even if you're telling them that you've already told them you already did that they can get in trouble.

It might help that I lived in NJ for 12 years and got used to the accents but I do understand that.
However I have seen situations where they are running up against accents they haven't heard before either.
NJ Guido can be fun to translate.

my GSTL had to call the help line for a customer today. spent 15 minutes on the line, gave all the information about the customer and the transaction and the card, agent announced he had called the wrong line and needed to hang up and call a different number.

called the second number, watched him wait on hold for a few moments, heard him grumpily say 'I AM calling from a red phone...'

about 5 minutes later we finally got the woman's problem solved, but it made me glad I wasn't the one on the phone. it gave me flashbacks to my days working at a call center.

When you call and get someone in India you can ask for them to transfer you to someone back here in the states always works for me

I am sick of MySupport going to Target India as well. They americanize the names sometimes, but I can tell it is from India because of the grammar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back