Status
Not open for further replies.

buliSBI

Former Team Member
https://corporate.target.com/discover/article/winter-storm-nemo
helping you weather Winter Storm Nemo
SNOW-2-hero.jpeg

February 9, 2013
Northeastern Winter Storm Nemo has hit hard and continues to move up the East Coast, producing very heavy snow and strong winds. As always, the safety and well-being of our team members, guests and communities are top concerns.

Over the past week, we've prepared our stores that are in the path of the storm by supplying essentials such as batteries, flashlights, bottled water and dry food. In addition, we're taking the necessary steps to ensure that after the storm, in the event of power loss, perishable items are replenished quickly.

Target has reopened all impacted stores. Please call your store to confirm that it's open and check the hours.

We're also monitoring road conditions, and working with our distribution centers and vendors to ensure product can ship to our stores. Our goal is to replenish stores as quickly as possible once the storm has passed to ensure our guests have access to essential items.

Team members:
If you're a Target team member and have been impacted by the storm, please call your store or the crisis hotline at 1-800-888-0333 to let us know that you're safe or if you need help.

Additional Resources:
Download The American Red Cross smartphone apps to help you navigate the storm on the go, and check out the Federal Emergency Management Agency's tips for staying safe in winter storms and extreme cold, including:

Stay indoors during the storm.

Walk carefully on snowy, icy, walkways.

Avoid overexertion when shoveling snow. Overexertion can bring on a heart attack—a major cause of death in the winter. If you must shovel snow, stretch before going outside.

Keep dry. Change wet clothing frequently to prevent a loss of body heat. Wet clothing loses all of its insulating value and transmits heat rapidly.

Watch for signs of frostbite. These include loss of feeling and white or pale appearance in extremities such as fingers, toes, ear lobes, and the tip of the nose. If symptoms are detected, get medical help immediately.

Watch for signs of hypothermia. These include uncontrollable shivering, memory loss, disorientation, incoherence, slurred speech, drowsiness, and apparent exhaustion. If symptoms of hypothermia are detected, get the victim to a warm location, remove wet clothing, warm the center of the body first and give warm, non-alcoholic beverages if the victim is conscious. Get medical help as soon as possible.

Drive only if it is absolutely necessary. If you must drive: travel in the day; don’t travel alone; keep others informed of your schedule; stay on main roads and avoid back road shortcuts.

It'll be hitting us tonight, fun, fun, fun.
My only worry is losing power, otherwise we're set.

Storm is just barely missing my area, thankfully. I have to travel a bit the next few days. Stay safe everyone.

I know there is a storm coming but you guys realize this weather update is from February 2013 right? This storm is called Pax, nemo was last year.

I know there is a storm coming but you guys realize this weather update is from February 2013 right? This storm is called Pax, nemo was last year.

Did not see that. When the hell did we start naming winter storms anyway?

The names are not official, I think it's a weather channel thing, I personally think it's stupid

Several years ago, we had a snowstorm in October. The "official" name of the storm was Aphid, but my friends and I referred to it as [string of profanities].

Seems like east coast is getting all the fun these last few years.... Minnesota hasn't gotten anything that bad.. Except in 2010

Seems like east coast is getting all the fun these last few years.... Minnesota hasn't gotten anything that bad.. Except in 2010
We definitely got off easy this year, just ridiculous windchills!

Hopefully any of you affected by the storm are staying safe!

im right in Paxs crosshairs joy oh joy everyone stay safe out there

Tried going to work at 245am. Got stuck so I have to call out on them. They still expecting me to come in but me getting stuck and roads still bad, there's now way I'm going there with a front wheel drive

And they're still open.

Yeah, that was discussed earlier in this thread. I debated about putting a disclaimer at the beginning of the thread, but let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back