Target just fired me for asking to go on a Leave of Absence. What do I do now?

I'm a college student that's been working at Target for 4 years. Every time I wanted an educational leave of absence, I got it. I called my STL today and asked for one and she basically said educational leaves are no longer offered and that I would have to re-apply once I'm back

Is there ANY other reason I can take a leave of absence for besides education. I might try asking for a personal leave but I'm not sure if it will be approved.
That doesn't sound like you were fired.

That sounds like you were told you have two options: continue working as normal, or quit.

An educational LOA is not a legal right, it's a nice thing that Target has historically done.

Did the OP actually say they were on a CA? If so I missed it, I though it likely the SD was making it up.

Drat. That ELOA was great for those of us who went on study abroad (I went to Ireland for Irish language school for 3 weeks one summer). That's a huge problem. I start clinicals in November and was thinking that might be an option if things got tight with that.

Of course, I was in good standing, too.

It sounds like they're trying to force everyone to career land, though.
ELOA is just changed to on demand

See imagine if you applied for theree college assistance program and u get fired. That's on you. Tgt can't be trusted if they can just fire you for going on education loa. I think you can apply for unemployment. Get that money

My daughter worked at Target for 2 years and had an educational leave of absence approved as she started college across the country last week. She just got a letter from corporate saying that there are no more educational leaves and that she will be terminated as of October 2021. This is not fair at all. She will also lose all her accrued sick leave time.

People abused loas. I watched a lady go on one when it came time for her to return she called out then went back on one. You don't get paid so why even do it

Considering how lax target is on covid I dont blame people for not wanting to come in.
If I could afford it I'd take a loa. I go to work at a dc and masks are required but most aren't wearing one and still get in close.
The worthless management won't do anything, yet they wonder why half the teams out on quarantine and are a week behind.

My daughter worked at Target for 2 years and had an educational leave of absence approved as she started college across the country last week. She just got a letter from corporate saying that there are no more educational leaves and that she will be terminated as of October 2021. This is not fair at all. She will also lose all her accrued sick leave time.
Your daughter might want to check if she can go On Demand at her store or transfer to a store near her college. Good luck!

Back