Archived Target Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard of or experienced Target denying the purchase of cell phone/service. Apparently, a guest must go through a credit check and Target check before transaction can be completed.

Recently, I've heard of some guests passing carrier credit check but denied by Target without explanation. Basically, they are being told to take their business to the carrier itself or another retail store!

This is creating a lot of ticked-off guests!

I can probably be of help on this one. Target right now is averaging between 12 to 13% charge backs on their contract services. The national average is between 3 to 4%.

The verification process helps to prevent such high chargebacks that are caused from fraud, guests bragging their contacts and not paying their bill within their first 45 days, etc...

Its not a perfect process yet, and I turn down a few guests who I know have no intention to do anything like that, but it's definitely in place for a reason. And it's slowly getting better!

Lots of fraud happening in the Target Mobile world. Had someone fired about a month ago because he was involved in a fraud ring and making commission off of fraud sales.

Hey redtoblack... Thanks for the feedback!

So, an "innocent" guest or employee could be denied??? What criteria are you basing your decision to deny? And, why isn't the guest informed of the reason???

Seems like an unfair practice to the guest!!!

When I was selling phones for Staples we had a Spot a few doors down and any time we got hit with fraudsters I would head over there and see if they stopped in. Funny... fraudsters actually caused me to quit that job because I blew the whistle on some co-workers who let too many phones out the door.

They don't actually tell us why guests are declined, it's considered confidential information, and they don't want us helping people beat the system. They WILL tell the guest, if they know, but only through a special phone number that we can give to guests who have been denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back