Archived Target Mom Scavenger Hunt?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinallyFamous

DazedNconfuzed
Has anyone encountered people doing target scavenger hunts lately? Been with tarjay for about 5 yrs now and first time about year n half ago group of kids were doing one came up to me and asked if I could do some dance for them, I declined.... Tonight had a someone come up n said they were doing a scavenger hunt and part of it was for them to put a red shirt on and take a pic with a target TM, I was asked by two different ladies both within 10 minutes and again I declined..... Does anyone even know if there are policies on this even? Had a fellow TM say our STL was all for it bcus it's great PR stuff but for me it's uncomfortable and yea it probably is harmless fun for moms night out but idk that for sure??!

I've had church groups come in doing scavenger hunts before. Half a dozen kids go rushing past the checklanes headed for paper (because for some reason they all need to get TP as part of the hunt....?), and then Mom comes straggling up later to warn us of what's going on. They've always been fairly well behaved, except for the running around.

One year, we had then doing service around the store. Bringing in carts, zoning aisles, and picking up trash in the parking lot.

We had a fairly large group of kids come in for a scavenger hunt kinda thing organized by their parents a few months back, and they were very poorly behaved (running and screaming around the store, coming up to the service desk and trying to get us to give us the aisle location of every item on their list when we had a line, messing up aisles, generally disturbing other guests) and my GE had to tell them to cut it out. One of the moms started yelling at him and caused a scene lol

We had a fairly large group of kids come in for a scavenger hunt kinda thing organized by their parents a few months back, and they were very poorly behaved (running and screaming around the store, coming up to the service desk and trying to get us to give us the aisle location of every item on their list when we had a line, messing up aisles, generally disturbing other guests) and my GE had to tell them to cut it out. One of the moms started yelling at him and caused a scene lol
Mom needs to realize we are a place of business - not an amusement park.

Jesus. I got pretty annoyed the other night when we were frantically getting ready for inventory and, for some fucking reason, the ETL-HR decided it would be an awesome night to have the orientation group go around and set off the fucking call boxes. I'd have been homicidal at a bunch of kids on a scavenger hunt.

Hell to the no.

I'd pop some popcorn to see my TL deal with a group of scavenger hunters, though. There'd be nothing left of 'em.

Jesus. I got pretty annoyed the other night when we were frantically getting ready for inventory and, for some fucking reason, the ETL-HR decided it would be an awesome night to have the orientation group go around and set off the fucking call boxes. I'd have been homicidal at a bunch of kids on a scavenger hunt.

Hell to the no.

I'd pop some popcorn to see my TL deal with a group of scavenger hunters, though. There'd be nothing left of 'em.

That would get shut down real quick by the one hardlines TM who responds to those lol

Bad enough when there are a couple out-of-control children. A scavenger hunt with a bunch of out-of-control teens would be awful. I'd be ok with one with adults only as they didn't make unreasonable demands.
I've been on the participant end of it and they can be a lot of fun - but we didn't expect store personnel to help us either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back