Archived Target no longer marking toys as being for boys or girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just last year, Target no longer marked toys as being for boys or girls. I wonder if McDonald's will eventually do the same thing. Instead of asking "For a boy or a girl?" when a parent orders a happy meal they'll ask for example "Hotwheels or Barbie?".

Since when did Target market toys for specifically boys or girls anyways? Sure there's 'boy' and 'girl' themed aisles, but it's not like there's a huge sign hanging that says "boys" and "girls" like there is in softlines... it they truly truly truly wanted to be inclusive for everyone wouldn't they take those down too :p

One of Targets dumber ideas

I'm all for people playing with what they want but toys are definitely designed with certain genders in mind

Target didn't do anything other than take down any pink or blue fixture stuff. There's still a clear as fuck distinction between the toy sections. Target can't do anything about that because toy manufactures still design their products to look a certain way. Jesus christ, people's minds work like fucking BuzzFeed article titles.

I think it is Target trying to send a message, that 99% of the population didn't really care or even really think about, little kids and whatever was the new fad toy.....

Look at infants, 90% of the clothes are Pink or Blue, even Target Brands... Look at BBBG Clothing, CLEARLY sex based....

That said, I think all of toys should just stick with The Last Jedi Backer Paper, something we can all agree on.

The major chains in Europe have gone very heavy on gender free toy aisles.
They discovered that sales were actually improved this way since kids were allowed to pick the toys they wanted as opposed to the ones the toy companies thought they would play with.

Just last year, Target no longer marked toys as being for boys or girls. I wonder if McDonald's will eventually do the same thing. Instead of asking "For a boy or a girl?" when a parent orders a happy meal they'll ask for example "Hotwheels or Barbie?".
McDonald's had been under directiin to ask Barbie/ hotwheel since at least 1999. If yours doesn't its not the golden arches you should blame...

Since when did Target market toys for specifically boys or girls anyways? Sure there's 'boy' and 'girl' themed aisles, but it's not like there's a huge sign hanging that says "boys" and "girls" like there is in softlines... it they truly truly truly wanted to be inclusive for everyone wouldn't they take those down too :p
Used to have aisle signing "boys activity" "girls dress up" etc. . . . I took a phone call a few years ago when they announced that they were taking those down. Some ridiculous old codger who was never going to shop Target again because girls toys are for girls, bla, bla, bla. His brain must have exploded when the bathroom thing started.

It makes me chuckle when low level employees criticize corporate policies. Like they dont even know or care that you exist.

I played with Barbies and TMNT toys, I played with Mighty Max and Polly Pocket toys, and look at me now!

I specifically chose Spot for an extra job (I have a full time professional day job) specifically because of policies like this.
Same here. In my interview when I was asked why do I want to work for Target one of the things I said was bc I like their corporate politics/policies and my interviewer (now my TL) was like OMG me too and we had a discussion about politics during my interview :p

Same here. In my interview when I was asked why do I want to work for Target one of the things I said was bc I like their corporate politics/policies and my interviewer (now my TL) was like OMG me too and we had a discussion about politics during my interview :p

Policies that come from market research based on trends and demographics. Not that I disagree with the policies, but it's not really a bold move right now, especially when it appeals to their demographic. Just hear to sprinkle some nihilism. These policies are less about the good of mankind, and are more about being a strategic business move.

How does this have anything to do with politics? I'm a conservative when it comes to politics and respect targets decision because it's based on economics, not catering to a certain political ideology. Target makes its decisions for one primary purpose...to make money. That's all their decisions will ever be based on. It's a company...politics aren't even an after thought.

Believe it or not people higher up in the company make decisions they believe in. I have sources that I can’t name

How does this have anything to do with politics? I'm a conservative when it comes to politics and respect targets decision because it's based on economics, not catering to a certain political ideology. Target makes its decisions for one primary purpose...to make money. That's all their decisions will ever be based on. It's a company...politics aren't even an after thought.
Politics comes in because of same sex marriage, bathroom policies etc...Spot has made it clear where the company stands

Believe it or not people higher up in the company make decisions they believe in. I have sources that I can’t name

Sure, and those beliefs are backed up by profits.

Policies that come from market research based on trends and demographics. Not that I disagree with the policies, but it's not really a bold move right now, especially when it appeals to their demographic. Just hear to sprinkle some nihilism. These policies are less about the good of mankind, and are more about being a strategic business move.
So Chickfila donates money to anti-gay charities and closes on Sunday because it's a strategic business move?

So Chickfila donates money to anti-gay charities and closes on Sunday because it's a strategic business move?

Yes. It appeals to a demographic.
Pew_religion_in_america_pie.png

Maybe people believe something else. Maybe they are looking beyond dollars

Sure. Maybe. Maybe is the keyword. If you ask me, I'd say that's extremely unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back