Archived Target promoting bullying????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this shirt incredibly sexist.

I don't think society should have rules keeping mean boys away from mean girls. I think mean girls should be able to look past their differences and allow mean boys to sit with them, if they so wish..

I dream of the day little mean girls and little mean boys can hold hands together and walk down the hallway of social justice.

Last edited:
Commie you're right, its old enough where some people won't understand. But it has nothing to do with bullying. Let people wear what they want.

So what if it is aimed towards younger kids, there's nothing inappropriate about it.

Sorry but your argument is flawed. A shirt that says "You can't sit with us" is hardly inappropriate. Where as a shirt referencing incest and dicks is highly sexual in nature. Don't even try to compare the two.

Mean Girls was a pretty successful movie when it came out, and it was in no way marketed towards adults (even though some enjoyed it), it was mostly geared towards the Middle School / Early High School crowd...

I wasn't claiming the quotes were equally offensive. I was pointing out that something being a quote doesn't take away its meaning or potential to offend.

I also agree that the movie was aimed at children, my point is the children it was aimed at initially are adults today. It's not a recent movie, I have no clue why it'd even garner a clothing line today.

I can't prove it for certain but I am pretty certain that isn't a George Carlin quote.
It doesn't have his style.

Carlin had a special where he recited what he considered to be the three most vile jokes he had in his repertoire, that was one of them.

The other two were:

A young girl asks her father when she'll get a penis, he responds as soon as mommy goes to work.

The third and final was a boy that asks daddy what the furry patch between mommies legs is. Daddy responds it's a vulva, the boy responds by asking what a cunt is then, dad responds that that's the rest of mommy.

I can't prove it for certain but I am pretty certain that isn't a George Carlin quote.
It doesn't have his style.

Carlin had a special where he recited what he considered to be the three most vile jokes he had in his repertoire, that was one of them.

The other two were:

A young girl asks her father when she'll get a penis, he responds as soon as mommy goes to work.

The third and final was a boy that asks daddy what the furry patch between mommies legs is. Daddy responds it's a vulva, the boy responds by asking what a cunt is then, dad responds that that's the rest of mommy.

When are we getting this T-shirt line in, because I am actually interested in this.

Personally the shirt does not bother me, and I was bullied in school. Its just a line from a movie.

People get offended by so much these days and while I can see how in many cases, like the Washington Redskins, some things are just silly.

I find this shirt incredibly sexist.

I don't think society should have rules keeping mean boys away from mean girls. I think mean girls should be able to look past their differences and allow mean boys to sit with them, if they so wish..

I dream of the day little mean girls and little mean boys can hold hands together and walk down the hallway of social justice.

I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy...

It's a freakin t shirt for female teenagers. Not the end of the world. Besides Mean Girls is hilarious. Poor Gretchen Wieners never got her chance with Channing Tatum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back