Archived Target Remodel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two door Targets are some of the worst designs from a security standpoint. Makes things a lot more difficult approaching apprehensions when you have no idea which door they will use. Having electronics and entertainment by the front door almost dares people to do grab and runs.
Unfortunately, Target doesn't build stores around a security standpoint. I remind myself this all the time . To answer this though, for the longest time, when ever we'd see concealment, we'd have a APS go, and run out to the grocery side.

I myself... have worked at Two Supers, one with the standard Electronics/Grocery Doors & another Softlines/Grocery Doors. Personally was a huge fan of the former, but... It's still very manageable.

pharmacy area (think razors, crest white strips) by the other doors. For stores with light AP coverage they become booster heaven.
Don't forget the Similac Baby Forumla (Baby) & those Diabetic Test Strips. Although, lucky me had my Pharmacy, in the middle of the store, across from Grocery :D

On a side note, doesn't your store spider-wrap your Crest White Strips? Some stores have Alpha keepers for the Razor Blades, too ;)

Unfortunately, Target doesn't build stores around a security standpoint. I remind myself this all the time . To answer this though, for the longest time, when ever we'd see concealment, we'd have a APS go, and run out to the grocery side.

I myself... have worked at Two Supers, one with the standard Electronics/Grocery Doors & another Softlines/Grocery Doors. Personally was a huge fan of the former, but... It's still very manageable.

Don't forget the Similac Baby Forumla (Baby) & those Diabetic Test Strips. Although, lucky me had my Pharmacy, in the middle of the store, across from Grocery :D

On a side note, doesn't your store spider-wrap your Crest White Strips? Some stores have Alpha keepers for the Razor Blades, too ;)
My store doesn't have the two door set up. But every couple of weeks I do get deployed to another store as support help. A former great land is one of those stores I get sent to. Sometimes when I go to the other stores I'm by myself.

We have alpha keepers for razors but only because of our risk level. Most stores in my district are not approved for them. We also have lock ups for our white strips and fragrance.

I could only see the SBux and CVS name in a Target for now. BB is a direct competitor and I could see FA changing to something more healthy. I can't see a chase bank, especially since all the Chase ATMs were removed in my district (no idea if it's global).

Completely off topic, but if Target wants that healthier image, get some iced tea (non sweetened) in the soda fountain. When the bosses would comp drinks and food, I'd have bottled water or negotiate an unsweetened green tea from SBux.

2z5pr7n.jpg

This is like a mirror image to my store:
(There's been rumors that my Super is approaching a remodel but I DON'T want this!)
Optical is illegal in my state plus our baby sales are so huge it can't even all fit in softlines so how are they going to cut the floor pad in half?
There's a Best Buy across the street from my store so any closer association would be bad for business.
Chase is a no-go because they would be competing with redcards. Plus with as much foot traffic as our ATM gets, we would be losing a large number of transaction fees.

An interesting thing to note...the new red cards show up as Mastercards on Target.com & it wouldn't let me have the 5% red card discount when I tried to place an order. I had to call and get it manually adjusted.

2z5pr7n.jpg

This is like a mirror image to my store:
(There's been rumors that my Super is approaching a remodel but I DON'T want this!)
Optical is illegal in my state plus our baby sales are so huge it can't even all fit in softlines so how are they going to cut the floor pad in half?
There's a Best Buy across the street from my store so any closer association would be bad for business.
Chase is a no-go because they would be competing with redcards. Plus with as much foot traffic as our ATM gets, we would be losing a large number of transaction fees.

Curious as to why optical is illegal wtf

Because I live in the land of bizarre crazy laws. One of them being that you can't have an optical center in a retail store.

This is an old 96 to 2003 ST layout... They built them like this back then. Somebody obviously just titled some of the tiles differently. They even put a Chase and Best Buy where the old bank and portrait studio would have been :)

Some bad photoshops with google image logos

Still though, Sephora taking over cosmetics is something I can see. And Marketsource(Not Best Buy) taking over E&E is a thing in a few stores IIRC.

Food Ave being outsourced is probably on the horizon as well, especially considering the food safety scores that are popping up. Easier to sell it off than to spend money on retraining.

Aside from all the Chase, Best Buy, Sephora, Victoria's Secret, and Freshii BS, this store is essentially my stores layout in reverse. Imagine everything in mirror view and you're looking at my Target. No starbucks though.

This is a super layout (the deli) but I know former greatlands stores not only had electronics/entertainment by one door but also have the pharmacy area (think razors, crest white strips) by the other doors. For stores with light AP coverage they become booster heaven.

This is exactly how my store is laid out.

This is an old 96 to 2003 ST layout... They built them like this back then. Somebody obviously just titled some of the tiles differently. They even put a Chase and Best Buy where the old bank and portrait studio would have been :)

Lets just say they used that layout for a Pfesh remodel a few years ago(less than 5yrs). Slight differences but to close for comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back