Archived Target scheduled me for work while I have class next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed my avaliablity a month ago and it went through that I can't work till after 5 but they scheduled me 1pm-6:30pm what do I do?

Yep, jump on this quick and make sure you go over it with your ETL and the ETL-HR.
And like HLM said, see if you can't get the shift covered.
It isn't really your fault but it will show you are responsible.

You arent obligated to work outside your availability, but if part of the shift is in your availability you'd be expected to be responsible for at least that.

I had the same problem just recently, I was able to find coverage for my shift(s) and make it all work out

This happens all too often. Make sure the ETL team is aware that you have been scheduled outside of your availability that was approved (you're sure it was approved, right?) and work with them to remedy this situation. If you sit on your hands and don't speak up on the issue you will be the one held responsible for the attendance issue. Is that fair? No. But unfortunately that's how it goes.

This happens all too often. Make sure the ETL team is aware that you have been scheduled outside of your availability that was approved (you're sure it was approved, right?) and work with them to remedy this situation. If you sit on your hands and don't speak up on the issue you will be the one held responsible for the attendance issue. Is that fair? No. But unfortunately that's how it goes.

exactly - a little face time will help them remember.

the scheduler cannot make this mistake - a person had to actually edit your shift against your availability.

If it was me who made the mistake - I would be very grateful you came to me, and I would help you post your shifts and maybe even make some phone calls to cover the shifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back