Archived Target team members unite!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help me out fellow team members... I am a pricing team member and I have a problem. Our store is having flow team issues. And I am all for helping out fellow work centers, but I am at the end of my rope. Every M W F we have to help the push the truck starting at 7am. Sometimes we have huddle at 8. Most times we push freight thru huddle time. Then we have to do "smart huddle". Helping out getting stuff done from the night before. Yesterday that was helping put away softlines reshop. Finally at 9:15 pricing took our 1st break. Then after break we have to do the signing/price challenge audit. This takes about 40 mins when done right... There were only 2 of us on pricing on this day and our workload was 2100. We didn't get done til 4pm. And that was busting our butts. We aren't allowed any OT, so I have 1.5hrs to cut by Friday. We aren't the only work center at our store that gets screwed. Our plano team is in the same boat. This has been my life for the past 3 months. I have worked for Target for 5 yrs and it has never been this bad. Our STL says that every store does this now. I'm ready to string myself up with a roll of pricing tickets!!!

I can't give specifics but I can tell you that I am not given the proper hours to complete the pricing workload on a daily basis. I would be happy to leave at 4 some days.

Not being a troll here, but have you partnered with your STL in regards to the hours? Every Monday, they usually work out the forecast for the upcoming schedule, and I'll tell you, the hours that my STL gets for pricing DOES NOT ADD UP to what's needed. My suggestion to you in regards to the hours is print out your weekly forecast, calculate how many hours ypu would need based on the amount of ticket eaches in that week's forecast, plus factor in an additional 15% for labels. Either sit down with your STL or e-mail these calculations to him/her, but communicate that what you came up with is what is needed for successful completion for the workload. Maybe your STL will listen, maybe not, but at least you gave it a shot. As for having tohelp push the truck or push reshop, I sometimes get a call in the morning from my STL asking if the team could push/zone for X amount of time....I first let her know that it's a heavy workload (which today it definitely was) and rifht off the bat say that if we do that, then she either may have to let the team stay or give us help....well she doesn't disappoint and a lot of times gives me a helping hand or does let me stay. When ypu dp speak to your STL, be sure to do it in a professional manner and don't make it sound like you're *****ing and moaning. From personal experience, my business relationship with my STL and the Executive Leadership has never been better and they show me a great deal of respect for stepping up and speaking up.

at a lot of stores hours are messed up. At mine, flow, backroom, sales floor, instocks, pricing, hell the whole store.

Hours at my store have been a disaster recently. It's just the way the retail world goes.

I can tell you that what is happening at your store does not happen at every store.

I agree with pricing master's suggestion. I would however not offer to stay on any given day past my scheduled time UNLESS it would be OT or added hours. you are gaining nothing for working an extra long day. I am all for being a team player but if you keep allowing them to extend your shift and your tasks can not be done then you are only allowing them to abuse you. Your scores will show soon enough that this plan does not work.

I agree you shouldnt stay past your scheduled time.. they know that you will do it so they dont worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back