Archived target ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowMonkey

Former Team Member
anybody else heard of this? it's targets streaming video service currently only available to team members at 15% off targetticket.com. I read a news article about it yesterday but haven't heard anything at all from spot about it

That's kind of cool but this is nothing amazing. Comparing this to the big streaming websites such as Amazon or Netflix , what features makes this product stand out? Even with discount these prices are nothing great...

That's kind of cool but this is nothing amazing. Comparing this to the big streaming websites such as Amazon or Netflix , what features makes this product stand out? Even with discount these prices are nothing great...

I agree with you on the prices, one that I noticed on the landing page for me was the movie "memento" rent for i think $3something or buy it for $6 something when I know for a fact we carry the DVD for $5 in store

I agree with you on the prices, one that I noticed on the landing page for me was the movie "memento" rent for i think $3something or buy it for $6 something when I know for a fact we carry the DVD for $5 in store

Great movie. That is, if you understand it.

Gotta love the communication between Target and the TMs. I only heard of this because it came up as another app by Target when I downloaded Cartwheel. Prices aren't amazing, buut, for movies that aren't on Netflix instant watch and aren't in the Redbox at the moment, could come in handy.

For instance, they have Despicable Me renting for $2.12
It rents for $2.99 on Amazon. I might go with Amazon if I still had a Roku despite the price difference, though.

The Amazon vs. Target competition is kinda funny, though (it seems like that's what this is). I remember they used to have a partnership and you could order from Target through Amazon.

Gotta love the communication between Target and the TMs. I only heard of this because it came up as another app by Target when I downloaded Cartwheel. Prices aren't amazing, buut, for movies that aren't on Netflix instant watch and aren't in the Redbox at the moment, could come in handy.

It rents for $2.99 on Amazon. I might go with Amazon if I still had a Roku despite the price difference, though.

The Amazon vs. Target competition is kinda funny, though (it seems like that's what this is). I remember they used to have a partnership and you could order from Target through Amazon.

back in the day amazon was Targets supplier for music and movies (you also couldnt use your discount online to buy music or movies due to this)

back in the day amazon was Targets supplier for music and movies (you also couldnt use your discount online to buy music or movies due to this)

Amazon also used to run Target.com, I believe.

Not really blown away by any of the prices...not sure why I'd switch to this when I could get it elsewhere or buy it at work.

I don't think it's meant to replace anything since it doesn't have a subscription plan. It's for one-offs, I think. My cable company charges more for on-demand movies, and the few I did comparisons for were cheaper than Amazon prices. I think the prices to purchase are bad, though. They don't support enough devices to pull those prices off.

disclaimer: I haven't bought a dvd in yearsss, so I'm probably the target audience for this.

Yep, Just heard about it today during the huddle...I actually tried to sign up for it because it does sound interesting, but of course it wouldn't work, my employee ID is apparently invalid even though its not :) better luck next time. lol.

anybody else heard of this? it's targets streaming video service currently only available to team members at 15% off targetticket.com. I read a news article about it yesterday but haven't heard anything at all from spot about it

If I was a team member, I'd prefer being baker acted again, then switching to netflix. It would be a better alternative than to deal with this foul vomit infested poison that spot is spewing right now lol.

fyi, target ticket does not run on rooted android devices. I signed up for targetticket months ago, but I've still never used it. I subscribe to hulu+ and netflix, occasionally buy from Amazon, and sometimes I use Crackle because it's free.

This is a saturated market that I just don't think Target needs to enter. Walmart bought a company that was already established and available on multiple devices (Vudu) and that's the only reason it's working out for them. I don't think this is a fail because of pricing, though. The prices are comparable to other digital tv/movie stores (Google Play, Amazon, Itunes, Vudu), but we don't really need another service that does the same thing. It's def not a netflix competitor. Netflix = subscription. This = digital store with the option to rent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back