Archived Target TM discounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHT

So does anyone know if is now an official rule, that you cannot price match & use you 10% TM discount at the same timr

Unless it's changed recently, you could only price match and use your TM discount to Target's own website, but not to another retailer/Amazon/etc.

Whoops. How long has that been in effect, because I think I've turned down a few people trying to use a discount with price match.

I just found this out last week. I had been told last year by my ETL that team members couldn't use their discounts with price matching period, and she had me tell other team members that while in huddles.

Since January 2016.
Price Match Guarantee: guidelines and limitations, and exclusions
Guidelines and limitations:

• The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number. It must be in stock at the time of Price Match.
  • Online competitor matches are limited to items sold and fulfilled by the select competitors listed here. Offers found on deal websites will be validated at retailer’s primary website and must meet all other price match criteria.
  • The actual price of an item must be identifiable and valid at the time of match. We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the item.
  • Please bring the entire printed ad, or show the online price or digital version of ad on your mobile device for proof of price. Original receipts or packing slips are required for price adjustments after purchase. Competitor catalogs can be matched as long as the price is identifiable and valid and all other price match criteria are met.
  • We match Target.com prices on in-store purchases and in-store prices for Target.com purchases. In-store price matches from other Target stores are excluded.
  • Price matches and adjustments will not be allowed for prices from Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving, whether offered by Target or a competitor.
  • Alaska and Hawaii Target stores are excluded from price matching online competitors.
  • No rainchecks will be issued for items out of stock at Target or Target.com. We do not price match competitors if they are out of stock.
  • Limit of one price match per identical item per guest for online competitor matches
  • A team member discount can be used when price matching.

I wouldn't call them dumbass managers, just misinformed. The policy has changed little by little over the years. Not everyone is up to speed at times.

But yes you can use a TM discount with a price match provided. However you cannot use cartwheel on top of it.

I always forget about the quantity limitation. So I've been doing it on a limit of 2 identical items, because I assumed it would at LEAST be 2. So...whoops again.

One time I did it on 4 identical items. They were just boxes of tea, and only about 30 cents cheaper online, so, I just went ahead and did it. I feel like having some leniency on that policy should be okay within a certain dollar amount or product type, right? Like, obviously not on multiple ipads. Buy on boxes of tea? Sure, fine.

I always forget about the quantity limitation. So I've been doing it on a limit of 2 identical items, because I assumed it would at LEAST be 2. So...whoops again.

One time I did it on 4 identical items. They were just boxes of tea, and only about 30 cents cheaper online, so, I just went ahead and did it. I feel like having some leniency on that policy should be okay within a certain dollar amount or product type, right? Like, obviously not on multiple ipads. Buy on boxes of tea? Sure, fine.
I've always done it with cases of soda and a physical ad . Sets of four. But ever since we stopped price matching grocery stores because they aren't competitors...meh.

I've always done it with cases of soda and a physical ad . Sets of four. But ever since we stopped price matching grocery stores because they aren't competitors...meh.
Physical ads didn't have a limit of one...that was only the online price match. Or did they change that as well?

Yep. I always gave some leniency based on what the guest was price matching. And if they gave me a hard time for only allowing two, then I would point out the policy was technically one and I was trying to help them out...then they usually shut up pretty quick.

Physical ads didn't have a limit of one...that was only the online price match. Or did they change that as well?
We've always had power hungry bitches trying to "crack down"on price matching abuse...before online price matching. Which nobody really did...

You can, and if anyone tells you otherwise, pull up the policy. Some of these dumbass managers need to be shown that they're wrong.
I wouldn't call them dumbass managers, just misinformed. The policy has changed little by little over the years. Not everyone is up to speed
I think any managers who didn't know this already are dumbasses. Because I didn't learn about the policy change back in November via Target.com. No, I learned via Redwire; a tool that all managers are supposed to be using.

I learned from this website. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back