Target to buy Shipt for $550 Million

I'm not sure about every store but for the most part store employees can be Shipt shoppers but just can't shop at the store they work at. I emailed Shipt asking about this and they said they don't have an answer yet but I'm hoping it will be the same for Target.
Keep us updated if you hear anything definitive. It sounds like it could be a great way for me to fill in the gap if I decide to quit my other job.

We do have Shipt at my grocery store job, and employees are not allowed to work for both. However it seems like more of a rule the store came up with instead of Shipt.

"We aren't in your area yet, but we're expanding every week" Signed up for an email notification if/when they arrive locally. I already do UberEats and Caviar so Shipt would be a nice addition.

Anything come down the pipes yet? ETL and STL still in the dark too.

Shipt is in my area through Meijer, and I've been contemplating signing up to use the service.

I was at a volunteer event yesterday and got to chatting with one of the district types (no idea who, TBH. And he told me that Shipt will be run as a separate venture. It won't affect in-store workloads at all. We shall see.

Shipt is in my area through Meijer, and I've been contemplating signing up to use the service.

I was at a volunteer event yesterday and got to chatting with one of the district types (no idea who, TBH. And he told me that Shipt will be run as a separate venture. It won't affect in-store workloads at all. We shall see.
Yes they want not to I operate separately they said so that they don’t deter the other chains that currently use shipts services to discontinue it

Has anyone dealt with Shipt shoppers yet? Their orders are processed as tax exempt since the customer pays taxes to Shipt so if target charges them tax they are then taxed twice. Tax exempt shoppers are a pain since everything has to manually be typed in. Any chance they can get them a special ID we can just scan that will auto fill the name/address/etc info?

Seems the easier way to go would be for Shipt to not be charging taxes and just pass-through the Target cost plus their service fee.

Edit: Not currently available in my state. Yay. (which is weird because I can use Shipt at my husband's store...)

If they are Independent contractors it seems like missed opportunity if they don't combine this with OPU/Drive Up. Anything that is an INF then goes to the Shipt contractor to coordinate with the Guest. If they are instead only picking off the floor I'd expect more inefficiency as they wait for Target TMs to do backroom pulls. At this point it doesn't sound like Shipt employees would be allowed in the backroom.

As someone who works at an OGP Walmart, all I can say is that it really depends on the location. Right now, business for our Online Grocery Pick-up is really slow/almost dead. The one benefit that this has is that I guess they take the stuff to your house, unlike at Walmart where you still have to go get to the store. With our OGP, a lot of people who don't use it say that, "If I have to go to the store to pick it up, I might as well do my own shopping." So I guess I'm optimistic for this. I mean, it could work out. :oops:

Just got an email that Shipt is coming to Target in my area in one week, and offering both a $50 discount on the first year's membership AND a $15 credit on the first $100 order. It's already available with Meijer here, and I've periodically seen the membership discount offer but not the additional credit offer.

If I can use one membership at both stores (and I think I remember seeing that you can, either in this thread or the other Shipt thread), I might actually consider it. Especially for those weekends when they schedule me 12-8.

Some guy hit my parked car last weekend. Even though I was not at fault, I had to give my info to the insurance company. They specifically asked if I worked for uber, lyft, uber eats, amazon, etc.

I sure hope that anyone who is considering doing this has the correct commercial insurance on their vehicle.

Some guy hit my parked car last weekend. Even though I was not at fault, I had to give my info to the insurance company. They specifically asked if I worked for uber, lyft, uber eats, amazon, etc.

I sure hope that anyone who is considering doing this has the correct commercial insurance on their vehicle.

Yeah cause your insurance will NOT cover you.. I got in huge trouble with my insurance many years ago doing some work under the table with my truck. For a ticket for no trip permits(working with a semi truck as a pilot car). Not even my responsibility but we all got ticketed. I had to come up with some huge riders of what I couldn't do and purchase extra coverage just to keep my insurance at all..

So be careful and bump your liability as high as you can.. And always carry uninsured motorist, always..

I wish my store had Shipt so that people can stop using Order Pickup to do their grocery shopping...

They don't, FTR. And I kind of dread seeing the green Shipt shirts these days. They always have questions on products not on the shelf that take forever to track down, particularly for those of us who don't work grocery and don't necessarily know how well vendor-stocked items are inventoried in our system and whatnot. They're always nice about it, but they take up a considerable amount of time to assist.

Yeah cause your insurance will NOT cover you.. I got in huge trouble with my insurance many years ago doing some work under the table with my truck. For a ticket for no trip permits(working with a semi truck as a pilot car). Not even my responsibility but we all got ticketed. I had to come up with some huge riders of what I couldn't do and purchase extra coverage just to keep my insurance at all..

So be careful and bump your liability as high as you can.. And always carry uninsured motorist, always..

Don't worry, I don't work for any of those services, but I know that a lot of people here do (and I doubt that they are buying that expensive insurance). I have USAA military insurance. They are wonderful. I did not need to be covered. I wasn't even in the car when the guy hit it. I was watching the car from a distance. He was 100% at fault.

They've started heavily advertising the Shipt stuff with stickers on almost every cooler and flyers we're supposed to put in the bags at the checklanes, but I have yet to see a single Shipt person in our store. All the stuff came out of nowhere in the past 24 hours.

I'm a Shipt Shopper in the Chicagoland area. We have been delivering from Meijer and beginning today, 6/7/18, we will begin delivering for all Chicago area Targets. The cost for membership is $49/year with a $10 discount on your first shop when a customer uses the promo code DCC63 at sign-up Thank you much! And Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

I'm a Shipt Shopper in the Chicagoland area. We have been delivering from Meijer and beginning today, 6/7/18, we will begin delivering for all Chicago area Targets. The cost for membership is $49/year with a $10 discount on your first shop when a customer uses the promo code DCC63 at sign-up Thank you much! And Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

Do you carry commercial driving insurance?

Back