Target to buy Shipt for $550 Million

I asked my last Uber driver about his insurance out of curiosity and he said it actually wasn't a whole lot to turn on commercial coverage for his Uber car. He said it was much cheaper than adding his teenage daughter to his policy. lol

They've started heavily advertising the Shipt stuff with stickers on almost every cooler and flyers we're supposed to put in the bags at the checklanes, but I have yet to see a single Shipt person in our store. All the stuff came out of nowhere in the past 24 hours.

You will. We usually have at least 1 in the store when I'm there in the evenings. I kind of dread seeing them a bit, because while they're always very nice and patient, if they're asking us questions it's because they can't find some random grocery item the system says we have but we don't. I feel bad.

My insurance premium increased by about $45. IWishIKnew- no need to feel bad, we totally understand if the store doesn't have the item. It's not your fault obviously.

IWishIKnew- no need to feel bad, we totally understand if the store doesn't have the item. It's not your fault obviously.

I know! And this is why I feel bad! Y'all are so understanding about it!

We're in a remodel, too, and they've started to demo grocery. The poor Shipt folks are starting to look a little more harried. As are SFS, OPU and drive up. Smart guests are having all of us do the work of shopping for them, dammit.

Just used Walmart Delivery. It's free, asked the delivery guy what company it is, it's Postmates. Kinda insane. Target and Shipt should be on high alert right now.

Just used Walmart Delivery. It's free, asked the delivery guy what company it is, it's Postmates. Kinda insane. Target and Shipt should be on high alert right now.
Depends what area. Instacart does it here. But the horror stories I’ve heard of having substitutes on at Walmart.

isn't it pretty common for CEOs to step down after their company is acquired?

More than likely what happened is the CEO got a good amount of stock as part of the buyout contract. But they only get the stock after X number of days/months/years.

It's pretty common in the corporate world at any company, Amazon is famous for it. When you get hired, they "give" you a bunch of stock, but you only get 5% of it the first year, like 15% the next two, and the rest after 4 years.

Last edited:
Back