Target to offer huge discounts to make space

If you are running out of space then this is a store issue, not a target issue. Are counts way off? Are things that could be pushed not being pushed? (Old journals and notebooks are something we regularly end up keeping pushed out long after planogram date). Or is there so much overstock that you should probably consider sweeping it back?

If you are running out of space then this is a store issue, not a target issue. Are counts way off? Are things that could be pushed not being pushed? (Old journals and notebooks are something we regularly end up keeping pushed out long after planogram date). Or is there so much overstock that you should probably consider sweeping it back?

LOL. NO. This is a Target issue. They have specifically told us this is a Target issue. The DCs are out of space and pushing excess frieght to stores. We at the stores are told to just flex out what we can and backstock the rest. We are not allowed to sweep it back.

I think we're going to see a lot of things go on clearance. I noticed a lot of travel mugs did a couple weeks ago.

I think we're going to see a lot of things go on clearance. I noticed a lot of travel mugs did a couple weeks ago.

Mugs are unrelated. They transition every June. Right now it's mostly out with the old, in with the new as is normal for this time of year in Coffee/Hydration. There are also mug/water bottle salesplans that discontinue next week with new stuff coming in to replace them.

At the same time Kid's Tabletop, which includes water bottles are changing Class. The C in DPCI. So there's lots of natural, unrelated to systemic inventory issues, clearance in that particular area.

Kitchen isn't seeing much clearance other than from discontinued salesplans and some inline transition. But, there are lots, and lots of things on sale. The Ad is crazy every week and fulfillment has their hands full with the online only deals. I'm literally backstocking a ton of excess freight everyday only to watch fulfillment pull it out a short time later. It's nuts and my store doesn't even have SFS. For example, I received 12 3-tier dessert stands. The floor was empty and fits 2. I stocked those and backstocked the remaining 10 yesterday. They are not on sale in store. They were all gone by noon today. OPUs took them all.

Have you read the news just wondering

Have you read the news just wondering
So I did just now. Does not look like they are targeting access inventory, but unwanted inventory. So my statement still stands. Still it will be nice to get rid of crap no one buys but I will believe it when I see it right now my head is boggling from the weeks old pops releases going clearance.

So I did just now. Does not look like they are targeting access inventory, but unwanted inventory. So my statement still stands. Still it will be nice to get rid of crap no one buys but I will believe it when I see it right now my head is boggling from the weeks old pops releases going clearance.

It literally says "The Company is planning several actions in the second quarter, including additional markdowns, removing excess inventory and canceling orders."

Source: Target Corporation Announces Updated 2022 Plan Focused on Inventory Optimization - https://corporate.target.com/press/releases/2022/06/Target-Corporation-Announces-Updated-2022-Plan-Foc

Not as much now but in Q4. STOP SENDING US TVS. HOLY SHIT WE HAD SO MANY.
Not only were 3 ROWS of backroom locations 99B300 C, E, F, H FILLED to the brim with TVs AND!!! IN ELECTRONICS 2.0 IT LOOKS TERRIBLE FLEXING THEM.
Not to mention. Back when we had ALL those TVs we had to store them in the unopened cafe. and even then it was PACKED.

Not as much now but in Q4. STOP SENDING US TVS. HOLY SHIT WE HAD SO MANY.
Not only were 3 ROWS of backroom locations 99B300 C, E, F, H FILLED to the brim with TVs AND!!! IN ELECTRONICS 2.0 IT LOOKS TERRIBLE FLEXING THEM.
Not to mention. Back when we had ALL those TVs we had to store them in the unopened cafe. and even then it was PACKED.
Yeah I think a lot fewer people will be buying tvs over the holidays. I think consumer spending overall will be a lot lower.

Oh hell yes those mf overstock notebooks and notepaper…annoying but handy to have around when the ETLs were running around bugging after getting feedback from lizard-visitors (lizitors?) so I could grab and hold up a fat ream of lined paper with a flourish and ”oh look, a list of people who care” 🌶🌶🌶🌶🌶🌶 because if not me, who? If not now, when?

I've been asked to partner with vendors about not coming on Tuesdays in the near future so we'll have all day to load the additional "Salvage" only sweep truck...

Huge pallets of water.

Especially the Nestle Pure Life that no one buys in the beautiful urine colored packaging.
People buy the G&G, ozarka, and nestle water at my store and steer clear of aquafina and dasani, which is good cause they taste like pennies. The real question is why did Ozarka and nestle increase the case count to 32 now, shit was already heavy when 3 different people each order 5 and they're all in the same batch

Back