Archived Target to price match with Amazon and other online retailers

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store is apparently a price matching high volume store so we got two ipads and will have two lines at gs. one for everything and one just for price matching.

My store just got out GS Ipad in Tuesday. We are going to be using that for price match.

Our STL is releasing ours to us tomorrow. Supposedly there is a training thing for those of us at guest services so we know the rules for online price matching? I figure I'll get that training as soon a the online price matching is done.

there's an app on the ipad that you use that has a little training session on it. Not too big of a deal!

I'm on tomorrow morning, so hopefully I'll get a chance to do it. I suspect the GSA may not let it out of his hands.....

watching a football game on it...

I assume you didn't get the power point with all the "extra" information.

The Ipad is controlled by corporate, any app that gets put on it will be deleted (according to the powerpoint, it may not be true) but it specificly says to only use it for price matching. If they were not just blowing smoke I would expect your STL getting an email about the usage of the Ipads at your store.

there's an app on the ipad that you use that has a little training session on it. Not too big of a deal!

However make sure you ask your GSTL about all the other "exclusions" for price matching. For example you may not use your team member discount for an online price match

So, my GSA wouldn't give me the iPad to let me do the training. He said since I'd read the long explain action of terms at GS that I am smart enough to figure it out on my own. They are keeping it in the STL's office, which will require a huge production anytime anyone wants to use it. We've only had one so far....and we turned it down because it was the wrong online competitor.

We keep ours in the AP office. *rolls eyes*

PS - don't do anything stupid. It has AirWatch installed, which could potentially monitor any internet traffic on the device.

Not to mention how ****ty the actual app is. Looks like it was made in 5 minutes by Target India.

We keep ours in the AP office. *rolls eyes*

PS - don't do anything stupid. It has AirWatch installed, which could potentially monitor any internet traffic on the device.

Not to mention how ****ty the actual app is. Looks like it was made in 5 minutes by Target India.

No kidding!

The Target app is a disgrace. I'm not surprised because the workbench software is crappy as well. Training Meter has been down for weeks and they're not smart enough to fix it...I cannot believe who they hire for techs. It's really bad.

Anyone who shops Amazon regularly, knows you can buy refurbished, used, and even damaged items. If the guest shows you the photo with price, you can not see if it is used or refurbished at that point. The guest could possibly get a brand new ipod for the price of a used one with a scratch across the screen.

Does the Amazon item price matched Have to be shipping directly from Amazon?? Or does the price match include outside Amazon sellers?

Do we factor in the additional shipping cost?

So many questions..... :))

Has to be sold directly by Amazon/Walmart/etc., no third-party sellers/marketplace, no used/refurb/bundle/limited quantity/out-of-stock items. In that case, I believe there's no need to charge for shipping. And the Target iPad app has to find it on Target.com or "other competitors", can't use guests' smartphones/printouts or anything else.

Haven't gotten to try it, but reading the information made it seem simple enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back