Archived Target wedding dresses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope its an online only thing! We already have grouchy guests, i cant imagine having to deal with bridezillas.

Saw this last night, was disappointed. They're so blaaaaaah. I highly doubt they'll be selling much with the exception of impromtu weddings and serious budget brides who are appalled at the thought of wearing someone else's dress. That being said, it's not an all bad business move, just not as thought out as it should be.

It will have to be dresses with elastic or would fit to standard sizes. Can't believe the mess of having them altered will be like. My wife's dress from David's Bridal was over $600. But the alterations were over a $1000.

And I take that if the marriage doesn't last 90 days, they can return the dress with receipt for a full refund (if unaltered), minus a restocking fee (for altered).

Alterations is how bridal shops make their money. Most stores simply mark it twice of what they buy it for and then get you for the alterations. I was a consultant for a long time and it was standard practice everywhere. All bridal shop dresses are standard sizes, they simply take your measurements and order the dress based on your largest "part". If you are buying a mermaid gown and you have a size 14 bust but a size 18 butt, you are getting an 18. Then they will alter it down to fit. If it is a ball gown the size of your behind doesn't matter so they will go with the larger of your bust or waist. I altered gowns at the shop, and the bill could go as high as $900. I still have people call and ask me to work on their dresses. I have never had to charge more than $400 on my own. But between bridezillas (and their moms) and Target during Christmas, I would take Target hands down!

they've sold prom and bridesmaid dresses online for quite a while now.

And they end up in the clearance section for super cheap. All the time. They're rarely bought once they hit the clearance rack.

Ive always seen the prom dresses and bridesmaid dresses in the clearance racks.

Too bad they can't offer value to the men, who need tuxes for Prom...

There's a market they could win.

I hope its an online only thing! We already have grouchy guests, i cant imagine having to deal with bridezillas.

According to the news article it is! ONLY online! We can breathe easier now. ;)

Until after the wedding when they get returned and end up in Softlines. *sigh*
Oh horror of horrors! Never thought of that one. >< Eurgh.

Along with the ugly orange prom dresses that hung there for months until they were damaged out.

My daughter's dress was on sale 50% off, and she paid $600. Believe me, that was the best price we could find at David's. Luckily, she has a perfect model's figure/stature so she didn't have to spend a dime on alterations. They charge $150++ to hem, $125++ to take in the top, $50 to bustle. It can cost you a small fortune for a dress you will only wear a couple hours.

I think spending thousands for a dress is ridiculous, so if you can find something that fits at Target & you are fine with, go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back