Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,

I found this great forum, because I just
got hired at a yet-to-open Target in Western
Canada as a GSA. Now to figure out what
that position entails... Our 'orientation' is
in a couple of weeks. Sounds like a fun
company to work for. Take Care!

You're basically an underpaid department manager as a GSA. At least thats how it goes down here in the states.

When do the first Canada Target stores open?

I was thinking it was March. Or will they just have openings in three different months of the year like here in the US? What....March, July and October?

Thanks for the greetings. The first stores open this Spring.
There is a huge push to open stores, with a huge ad campaign.

We will be setting up our store in the last two weeks of March
and opening our doors to the public in April I believe. There
is another Opening in July in the next major city.

I gather from reading about the GSA position, that it is
a step down from GSTL. Any tips or advice for TM's looking
to move to a TL? Thanks for any input!

http://www.thebreakroom.org/showthread.php/502-Gstl-gsa
GSA Training Guide

To move to a TL position, it takes a lot of hard work and a little bit of luck. Be sure you are executing your core roles consistently, and constantly seeking (and accepting) feedback for improvement, and acting on it. If you can show accountability and drive results, you should be gold. Keep in mind the raise for a TL is a joke (starts out at $1 more I heard?), and the expectations are harsh. If you can handle stress well, you might do well at it though.

GSA Training Guide

To move to a TL position, it takes a lot of hard work and a little bit of luck. Be sure you are executing your core roles consistently, and constantly seeking (and accepting) feedback for improvement, and acting on it. If you can show accountability and drive results, you should be gold. Keep in mind the raise for a TL is a joke (starts out at $1 more I heard?), and the expectations are harsh. If you can handle stress well, you might do well at it though.

Uhh... TL makes more than $1.00 from GSA. I have been a GSA over a year and was just promoted to Logistics TL. I can assure you I make more than just a dollar as a Team Leader.

GSA Training Guide

Uhh... TL makes more than $1.00 from GSA. I have been a GSA over a year and was just promoted to Logistics TL. I can assure you I make more than just a dollar as a Team Leader.

In the past year I think they changed it so new TLs start out at a "starting pay" and then move up to regular pay after so long (if they're any good). I do recall TLs saying they were offered a 1.00-1.50 raise over N03. I think N13 is 2.50-3.00 over starting? I suppose depending on your market there might be room to negotiate though.

Plus I think Logistics can be Key carrier which is an additional raise, plus overnight (if you happen to be) is also an additional amount. Also Food TLs are N15 iirc. But yeah your typical Sales Floor TL/GSTL doesn't really make all that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Everyone,

Going to review that guide, should be interesting reading.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

Me too! What city are you in?
Going to review that guide, should be interesting reading.

ixnay on ocationla.
Spot keeps a close eye on this place and isn't always happy about the topics it's a good idea to try to keep somewhat ananomoose (as my daughter liked to call it).

You will be running/overseeing the daily operations of the front lanes/guest service/cart attendants/food service but you will not have any direct authority over any of the TMs. But you will be reporting any concerns to the GSTL.

Basically...you are in charge of the front end, but you are not in charge at the same time. If that makes sense...for Target it does.

Do you want to know something funny? I know the operations manager for all of Canada. It truely is a small world.

Anyone else see the email from Gregg today on Target Canada? He sounded most excited at the $.80/share increase he will benefit from. Anyone ever actually read and complete the proxy vote for the 401K stock? It discloses Gregg & Co's purchase and sale of Target stock.

Basically, Spot's handlers make ridiculous bank on their stock options. Sickening to see "driving profitable sales for our shareholders" at the top of our Review forms while giving an IE to hard working TM who deserves a $.20 raise/ EX or O because we marginally met our YTD Sales by 4% over last year.

TGT on March 2, 2009 = 25.65
TGT on Jan 2, 2012 = 48.95
TGT closed today at its highest ever = 66.68

Compare Gregg's compensation from entering Target a few years ago (when Target was a much better place to work) vs FY2012 total compensation. http://www.forbes.com/profile/gregg-steinhafel .

I'm just sayin'....

Anyone else see the email from Gregg today on Target Canada? He sounded most excited at the $.80/share increase he will benefit from. Anyone ever actually read and complete the proxy vote for the 401K stock? It discloses Gregg & Co's purchase and sale of Target stock.

Basically, Spot's handlers make ridiculous bank on their stock options. Sickening to see "driving profitable sales for our shareholders" at the top of our Review forms while giving an IE to hard working TM who deserves a $.20 raise/ EX or O because we marginally met our YTD Sales by 4% over last year.

TGT on March 2, 2009 = 25.65
TGT on Jan 2, 2012 = 48.95
TGT closed today at its highest ever = 66.68

Compare Gregg's compensation from entering Target a few years ago (when Target was a much better place to work) vs FY2012 total compensation. http://www.forbes.com/profile/gregg-steinhafel .

I'm just sayin'....

Yeah but if you look at the last FIVE years then it all goes to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back