Archived Tarzhay

Status
Not open for further replies.
this has been used around here atleast since the 1970. I supposed it like monkey wards or pennys for mongomery wards and jc pennys. I don't care what people call the place.

Makes me cringe every time.

I had never heard it before... and then after about a year of my boyfriend occasionally calling it that (to torment me), I finally heard a guest say it to whoever she was on the phone with. Another year later now and I haven't heard it since.

Last edited:
I mostly hear it from bitter retirees. I don't know why, but that seems to be the local demographic for the word.

I had a guy ask me if it's pronounced "target" or "tar-jay" and then he started asking every other TM he saw

Well, since we're clearly a French owned company with only the finest European import merchandise for sale, Target is clearly pronounced the French way, which is clearly Tar-Jay. We would never be so unrefined to be named tar-get, a tar-get is something you shoot at, clearly.

Every goddamn time.

1.jpg

I suppose it's better than the euphemism our team members use for Target, that being Tar-s**t. Of course one team member fervently believes Tar-zhay comes from the fact that corporate headquarters is actually in France.

We have a couple of those in my district. My store tends to lean more toward the Targét end of the spectrum.
We run the spectrum. The vast majority of our guests are nice people, and we have plenty of Tesla drivers that shop there, but for the past 3 months I've also lead the district in number of security incidents I've had to write, and last month my APS buddy was in the top ten, corporate wide, for number of apprehensions made. Hew was only beat by people in cities like LA, SF, and NYC.

I have a buddy that used to call it Targut. I'm heading to The Gut, you want to ride with?

Status
Not open for further replies.