Archived Tattling

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a TL I really don't appreciate "tattlers". The majority of the time it's either behavior that's serious enough that I'm already addressing it in private or something I'm not going to talk to the TM about. I'd rather my TMs spend less time trying to catch each other and more time being the best TM they can.

I keep my mouth shut unless it's something that can affect me or someone else. It's also hard to care about people pulling out their phones when they're not suppose to when ETLs walk around on them all the time.

Reminds me of a time when a TM got written up for clocking in and buying something, but that very day I seen the person writing that TM up do the same thing.

I don't care for tattlers.

As long as the CAFs don't roll and backstock gets done, long breaks and texting aren't really a big deal.

As for pulling flats... the only person at our store who cares is the hardlines TL, and even she only calls you out on it 50% of the time. But its a good idea to push them because pulling them is bad for the knees and will nip you in the ankles!

A team member spit on the floor next to the bananas. You betcha someone tattled. And it wasn't me.

I felt like I tattled the other day, but I felt it was justified because it was a major safety issue.

I had to call a code yellow because a distraught parent came to me in the middle of the store looking for her child. I gave the description, and almost immediately the electronics TM cancelled my code yellow. He had found the child. The problem? The parent and child hadn't been reunited yet. So I have a parent who still doesn't know where her kid is, and no one is still helping me look for the kid because the code yellow is cancelled.

It took me a minute, but I figured out what the electronics TM did (he accidentally cancelled instead of giving his location) and we were able to get the parent and child back together.

I did the other day, because we lost sales because of a TM's laziness, and it was that or kill him...and I wasn't sure @redeye58 had any room left in her cooler.

I was coming out of the electronics stockroom with my arms full of photo stuff, and I needed to get back to the lanes. A guest stopped me and asked me about a book. So I managed to get my Walkie off my hip and called for electronics. He said he was "busy" and could someone else help the guest? He didn't say he was with a guest, just that he was busy...which made me suspicious. I called for someone else, and the guest got annoyed and said it was fine and she would just go elsewhere.

I walked back up to the lanes to find my electronics TM half stocking a shipper and half talking to my cashiers. I told him to go find that guest before she left, and he still spent another minute finishing up a conversation before he decided to head back there, and was of course then annoyed the guest was long gone.

The ETL-GE thanked me for letting him know and said that was stuff he needed to know about and he went off to nip that in the bud.

Unless it's hurting me directly- None of my business.

The one exception being the electronics keys. I will tell AP when someone leaves them lying about. When I first started, I left the keys sitting on the boat and a young kid got hold of them. The ETL-AP happened to stroll by the kid and his mother and saw the kid with the keys. I was put on final that day...

That's why I'm a little OCD about people leaving the keys lying around.

If it's something illegal, or risking the safety of me/my coworkers/the guests, it's not tattling. Breakroom gossip told me that a person was recently fired from Food Ave for not wearing gloves, and the other team members were whining because it was a team member who "tattled". That's not tattling, that's violating heath and safety codes. She's lucky it was a TM who quietly told the LOD instead of a guest making a huge fuss.

But twenty minute breaks? Texting on the floor? Unless it starts interfering with safety it's not my job to babysit. Let your team lead bust you.

Just do your job and you will have less stress at the workplace. If you walk in there worrying about what other people are doing and worrying about things you cant control, you are going to go crazy. Go in there everyday with your end shift time on your mind and give it your all. Let the TL's and ETLs worry about that crap. Thats their job. I myself still struggle with doing this everyday but im getting better at it.

If you plan on being a TL or ETL soon and are absolutely sure of this then a little ass-kissing wont hurt LOL. They love that stuff :D. If not, dont stress over things you cant control.

I felt like I tattled the other day, but I felt it was justified because it was a major safety issue.

I had to call a code yellow because a distraught parent came to me in the middle of the store looking for her child. I gave the description, and almost immediately the electronics TM cancelled my code yellow. He had found the child. The problem? The parent and child hadn't been reunited yet. So I have a parent who still doesn't know where her kid is, and no one is still helping me look for the kid because the code yellow is cancelled.

It took me a minute, but I figured out what the electronics TM did (he accidentally cancelled instead of giving his location) and we were able to get the parent and child back together.

Completeky justified

Like everyone has said, I don't "tattle" unless they've done something to me personally. We have one team member in softlines who always causes drama and is not well liked. Always talking about people and occasionally being nasty. When she got a lot of hours in softlines it honestly made it even more of an unpleasant area to work. A couple of other TM's went to our TL and ETL and when they coached her it just made her gossip more.

Someone showed our STL something I had written on Facebook. Wasn't anything really bad against Target. I was just upset about something.
STL confronted me with it and I was livid that someone (a FB friend) took the time to actually pull it up on their phone and show our STL.
Needless to say a few peeps got deleted that day.
That is downright low in my opinion. My FB page is totally set to private. I feel my privacy was violated and my STL needs to worry about other more important things.
Come to find out this also happened to another TM just a couple of weeks ago.
We have a mole among us.... Jerk. I mean, do people not have enough to do that they have to stalk everyone's pages and then go tattle like we're in junior high??? Ugh.... :(

I usually just worry about myself. Unless it affects my work directly and makes my job harder than it already is. Even then I won't tattle. I'll confront the person first about it. Most of us are adults and should be able to work things out between us. If that doesn't work then escalate it to the next level.

Of course there are some situations were you should immediately take it to management.

Someone showed our STL something I had written on Facebook. Wasn't anything really bad against Target. I was just upset about something.
STL confronted me with it and I was livid that someone (a FB friend) took the time to actually pull it up on their phone and show our STL.
Needless to say a few peeps got deleted that day.
That is downright low in my opinion. My FB page is totally set to private. I feel my privacy was violated and my STL needs to worry about other more important things.
Come to find out this also happened to another TM just a couple of weeks ago.
We have a mole among us.... Jerk. I mean, do people not have enough to do that they have to stalk everyone's pages and then go tattle like we're in junior high??? Ugh.... :(
We had someone do this about a fb post. Etl-hr wasn't expecting my reply though. I never post anything I wouldn't say again to your face. The issue was and still is a crappy way of treating letting tm in the door before open and it's unprofessional to only give us five minutes before a shift to get in. Or to make us wait till the next wave if we are more than five mins late. No wonder we all punch in then put our stuff in our lockers. How much does that cost spot annually?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back