Archived tax on Tm depdent discount card

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my spouse uses the dependent discount card is that treated differently then when I use mine? I thought I read that I get taxed on the discount under the dependent card but not on the TM discount card. I usually do all the shopping because I don’t want to be taxed

I mean income taxes on the amount of the discount they get not sales tax

Until Target sends me a form to send to the IRS, I’m assuming there are no income taxes on the discount. Because a discount isn’t income?

The handbook does say that the discount on any purchases made using the dependent card can be taxed as additional income. I guess maybe it depends on how much they've saved? I know I didn't get any sort of form to report it on my taxes this year.

I just saved a bunch of money by switching to target. Like alot.

The handbook does say that the discount on any purchases made using the dependent card can be taxed as additional income. I guess maybe it depends on how much they've saved? I know I didn't get any sort of form to report it on my taxes this year.
Ripping up my spouse discount card then

The tax implications is only for a card for a registered domestic partner. Not for a spouse or dependant. Domestic partner cards will say so in the top corner and can only be ordered if you have registered them with Target. This was the case before same sex marriage was legal. My husband used to have a domestic partner card that was subject to income tax per federal laws. Now he has a spouse card and it is not taxed as additional income.

The tax implications is only for a card for a registered domestic partner. Not for a spouse or dependant. Domestic partner cards will say so in the top corner and can only be ordered if you have registered them with Target. This was the case before same sex marriage was legal. My husband used to have a domestic partner card that was subject to income tax per federal laws. Now he has a spouse card and it is not taxed as additional income.
Thanks for the response. This makes sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back