Archived Taxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think a lot of the stimulus stuff ended at the end of the year, so yeah, taxes will be back to where they were before for now.

No they won't. SSN taxes are back to their pre-stimulus amount (this is not a hike), and will be staying there. So the paycheck will go back to normal, which means a little more is taken out, but not as bad as it would have been.

The thing is if you look at your current check that is to be out this Friday they changed all the taxes back to what they were a few years ago not just the ss. Hopefully they will fix this in the near future.

The thing is if you look at your current check that is to be out this Friday they changed all the taxes back to what they were a few years ago not just the ss. Hopefully they will fix this in the near future.

They fixed this on New Year's Day. The Senate passed the bill on New Year's Eve and the House passed it the next day. The President signed it on the 2nd after he returned to Hawaii. I get paid on the 3rd so I guess my taxes will be a bit higher this time but they should be back to normal on my next paycheck on the 17th.
Of course if you're single and making more than $400,000 or married and making more than $450,000, your taxes indeed went up but I don't think that applies to anyone here.

Last edited:
They fixed this on New Year's Day. The Senate passed the bill on New Year's Eve and the House passed it the next day. The President signed it on the 2nd after he returned to Hawaii. I get paid on the 3rd so I guess my taxes will be a bit higher this time but they should be back to normal on my next paycheck on the 17th.
Of course if you're single and making more than $400,000 or married and making more than $450,000, your taxes indeed went up but I don' think that applies to anyone here.

*cough*Gregg*cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back